Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2024, 10:50 PM   #1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
OH. MY. GOD.

The idiots mounted four wheels on a loader backwards.

Jason's Super Secret Contact(Dean)sent him this pic this morning and J forwarded it to me. We are supposed to get a video of them trying to put it on track later today. I foresee an utter failure as I don't think the loader will even steer.

I guess the Hits May Keep On Coming.
Oh. Now this is impressive. My first question would be, "Who took the wheels off for mounting the new tires?" Stunned. That person in the room?

Old 10-24-2024, 08:59 AM   #1247

Hola. Back from a 15 day, 4200 mile drive through the southwest, the Colorado Rockies, and the Midwest prairie. And I have gossip.

First off, the remaining MTM sales guys have been challenging the CEO, who is leaving at the end of the year. A while back I mentioned that he slapped a $1200 charge on rail puller schools and the major railroads gave us a roaring "Fcuk You". We kinda, sorta lost that business as every BNSF welding truck I saw in Arizona and New Mexico had brand new Simplex pullers on their welding trucks.
Well, my buddy Keith decided to give the middle finger to the CEO regarding the $1200 charge for schools and put on a couple at the old fee of $0. He ended up selling 23 pullers at $21K each. After that, the CEO threatened to fire Keith while at a trade show, but he did that in front of the guys he sold the pullers to and while Keith was in the process of selling some more equipment to them. Per Keith, the customer, who is 6' 8" and 300 lbs, lightly placed his hands on the CEO's shoulders and told him to get lost and that he wasn't long for the world if messed with Keith.

In other news, it looks like the Mothership may really be getting ready to sell the company. They have emptied the European warehouses and dumped tons of inventory on Beaufort to make Europe look busy, even though most of the factories are shut down or running with a skeleton crew. We call it 'polishing a turd'. Us old farts on the sidelines eating popcorn are figuring it will be sold to a private equity firm, its assets sold to the highest bidder, and be swept under the rug. Lately, when the MTM guys call to get price and availability for a potential sale, all they get is "What's the return on investment?" A happy customer that continues to buy from us in the long term does not seem to be the right answer anymore.

Lastly, when the CEO announced he was leaving, France asked Al and Harold to come back until the end of the year. Both said, "Who is this?" and hung up.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 10-24-2024, 09:22 AM   #1248

Good stuff!
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle. Nope, finally retired.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 10-24-2024, 09:24 AM   #1249

I think every bean counter deserves a 300 pound burly guy's hand on their shoulder

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X, Storm DLX 150