Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #16

Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #17

reviews I've seen so far put the CFM slightly ahead of the Himi 452. although most are saying you couldn't go wrong with either one.

At this point though, I'm sticking with my KLR. my gen 1 has comparable weight and comparable power/torque. But the KLR makes it a bit lower. What I don't get is a 6th gear though.

That only becomes a question of how one would use the bike. I would submit that anyone buying this size of bike shouldn't be planning to do long highway miles to get to riding locations. Yes, it can, but it won't be comfortable to the rider. Nor will the motor hold up as long under such abuse.

my 2 cents won't buy a cup of coffee though.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #18

My RE and CFmoto dealer has stated that the Himmy isn't selling while the MT450 is in high demand.

If you want the RE single cylinder and better fuel economy then perhaps yes...

But if I am going to be spending this much I'll take the 270 crank twin. Having test rode it I see no issue doing highway distances with normal rest stops. Most are switching out the 14t front for a 15t to keep motorway speeds at about 5000rpm, so I would not call it abuse in any way...

Though I wish the choice between the factory low seat and high seat was not an optional extra.

If you have a KLR650 already then I don't see any reason to switch either...