Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 08:15 AM   #1

Looking for a new scooter

I used to ride a 49 cc and am looking for something with load carrying capacity for 55 mph roads. The Tank 200 scooters under their various badges look like they'll fit the bill and I'd like to find out about servicing the EFI models.

Last edited by 2wheelrider; Today at 08:21 AM. Reason: left out a word

Old Today, 10:57 AM   #2

I have a Clash which has the same engine I believe. It's pretty much the same as any GY6 150 but with a few beefed up parts. No maintenance required for the EFI system, just oil changes and valve adjustments, and eventually belt and rollers. I like the racks and open handlebars on the Tank.

Old Today, 01:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I have a Clash which has the same engine I believe. It's pretty much the same as any GY6 150 but with a few beefed up parts. No maintenance required for the EFI system, just oil changes and valve adjustments, and eventually belt and rollers. I like the racks and open handlebars on the Tank.
Thank you very much. The things you've listed are my main attraction to the Tank. I've read many good things about the Clash and if those features were on it, I might be shopping for one like yours.

What I probably should have done is to have asked if anyone had ever had problems with EFI on a GY6 and how they solved the problem. There's a carburated version of the Tank available under another badge. I believe I saw a GY6 carburetor available for less than fifty dollars and need to compare that of how much it'll cost if Murphy's law takes hold on an EFI model. Please don't be offended if you see that question in different place once I learn my way around this site.

Tags
efi, parts, tank