Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 09:10 AM   #1

Shipping Question

Hey all-
I reached out to PSM asking how i could get one of their motorcycles shipped to my house (dirt/private road/not possible for an 18-wheeler), and Zora indicated to me that R+L would not even be able to send a truck to my town as it is too far and they wouldn't do a short load.

The nearest R+L terminal appears to be in Londonderry NH (2 hours from my house.) My questions to you all are:
1. If i order a bike from PSM, will R+L hold the package at the terminal and call me to come get it?
2. If so, will they forklift it onto my trailer (9x5, single axle, Lowes special)? Do any of you have experience with this?

Thanks for your help!

Old Today, 10:35 AM   #2

I would ask Zora first, then maybe call the shipper and see how they respond. Maybe there is someone here that received there crate bike this way.

the shipping terminal will set it in your trailer or pickup, no problem. They just need to know it is an order to be picked up. Zora will probably have to answer that part of the question!

Old Today, 11:19 AM   #3

This was what i got back from Zora:

Please check below reply from R+L carrier :

"I called and talked to the terminal they actually cannot give a specific detailed location. They also do not take smaller truck to this location nor take a semi out this far, and would prefer the customer to pick up at the dock if it was to become a shipment to handle.
R+L does not handle directly "

I'm not really sure what to make of that - i was concerned it would go to a terminal too far for me to drive to, and they'd send it back after a day or so.

Old Today, 11:59 AM   #4

I see. Well, call the shipper. I will bet they have a plan for this. Most terminals accommodate pickup service. Both times I picked up a crate (at different terminals) they forklifted the crate across the parking lot to my truck (the dock height is too high and they probably have insurance disclaimers!).