Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #1

Anyone Recognize This Bike?

It's sold as the Italica Bulldog 150. Just got it home, brand new. The manual doesn't include any actual specs, nor is the VIN decoder site very useful. I know that it's a Zhilong 150cc and that's about it. If I knew the original model name/designation before local re-branding, I might be able to find out more without just tearing into it. I'm ASSUMING it's a standard GY6 engine, for example, but would prefer to know before I start ordering parts for it. Thanks in advance!

Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #2

It’s just a gy6 short case scooter engine ,are you looking for a scooter or a motorcycle ? The gy6 is known to be very awesome ,lots of options for it ,wouldn’t want one for a motorcycle myself but if twist and go is what you want then go for it .I know nothing about the bike it’s mounted in .

Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #3

Its a Henway.

Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #4

Oh, I already HAVE it. Picked it up today. Special ordered it based on what few specs I could find, and I'm already happy with it. I'm just wanting to find the original model information before it was rebranded. The owner manual that came with it seemed to be for another 150cc scooter to the extent that it was legible at all and had no information on things like engine type (I assumed standard GY6, but I still haven't actually removed fairings for a good look).

It's exactly the bike I wanted. I've been riding a 50cc scooter for about a year, went to a basic rider course to get my motorcycle endorsement, but didn't want to go big just yet.

This thing hit 56mph (GPS -- the generous speedo said 59) on the way home and isn't broken in or modified in any way yet. In fact, as of tonight it's got less than 25 miles on it. While I can live with that speed, I'm planning on better plug (NGK iridium) and coil (Nibbi), replacing the big air box with a K&N or Nibbi cone, then later a better variator/clutch setup and eventually a bigger carb. Oh, and removing any extraneous emissions stuff. This is kind of a passion project of mine. I'd like to see it cruising comfortably at 55 instead of 55 being the top of its range, without a bore kit. I think it's doable. It's a clone of the Honda Navi, with a 150cc engine versus the Navi's 109cc but basically the same top speed. I think there's power in there that's just not being exploited.

After which, I'll probably sell it and put the money toward a used Iron 883, or at least a used Rebel 500.