Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #31

This is a follow up to my post earlier today. The Nibbi PEZ is not a PZ30 clone, but it is made as a slightly more direct replacement for the PZ30. Basically the PE28FL, and the PEZ look the same, but the PEZ has about 45-46 mm O.D. breather side, and the PE28FL has about a 49mm. I think, (but don't know for sure) the PEZ has a different needle. I don't have a PE28FL around anymore to compare with, BUT I have noticed the needle on my PEZ is very sharp, and thin , and has no taper for about the first 3/4" or so. Any jet bigger than a 115 slides way down the needle. A 120 slides right down it . I realize that's probably why I had to lower the needle so far when I had my hotter motor , and was running a larger main. I don't think the needle in the PEZ is going to be ideal with larger jetting. These are pictures of the needle, and the needle with a 120 main on it. A 115 will not slide over it.http://http://

Old Today, 09:05 AM   #32

I have a PE28FL and I have faced similar initial tune/jet challenges with it. I'm betting its almost the exactly the same except the OD of the inlet side. I can take some measurements if you are curious. I just took the bike out since its starting to cool down to a reasonable riding temp, I was about to take a fresh crack at tuning it. following along with your experience and will let you know what I end up with