Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 08:41 AM   #1

Oh No new Venom X22 125cc issue - what bikes are similar?

After much research, I decided that Venom Motorsports was the safest to order from. I will start a build thread to track progress once I at least get the bike running, but I don't want to clutter that thread up with each problem, but will rather link to threads like this for issues.

What are some other key words or bikes I can search to get insight for my engine only related issues? I think this is the same 125cc setup in stuff like the Vader Boom?

Model: DF125RTS (manufacturer date of September 2023)
Engine: 1PS4FMI PH080857
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...5cc-motorcycle

Issue 1) Low fuel flow. I replaced the stock fuel filter with a transparent one. turns out the petcock from the fuel tank had an obstruction and gas was just dripping into the filter. I removed the tank and cleaned out the pet cock. Much better flow now.

Issue 2) Engine quit after 5 minutes of riding. The bike idled fine for 5 to 10 minutes before riding. Then I go for a 5 minute ride and it started to run sluggish, exhaust popping more so, then died. I suspect a rich A/F issue. I get it home barely and cannot get it to start. I sprayed starter fluid into the carb inlet but that does not produce engine starting of any kind.

Work put in: Battery is fully charged and cranks well. I checked to make sure the fuel tank vent was not pinched as part of issue 1. I removed the air filter box. I check the coil and CDI connections. I have not checked the valves (as I should not HAVE to in order to drive 25mph for 5+ minutes from a "reliable" manufacturer...) BTW, removing the body fairings was a real pain. Like 2 hours long and lot of frustration, but nothing broke - other than what came cracked from Venom. i know right.

My best guess is the bike was running too rich and the spark got fouled out.

I will call Venom Monday, so we'll soon learn how good their customer support is. I wanted a different looking 125RTS from PowerSports, but went with Venom based on reputation and reports.

Thank you for reading.
ps. been working on cars, motorcycles, 4 wheelers for a long time. Knowing how to search really helps.