Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 02:41 AM   #1

New Lfan Xpect 200 bucking

Hi,

Just got a new 2024 lifan xpect 200. From the get go, as soon as the engine got warm, the CEL would flash on/off and it would buck with the flashing. I contacted Lifan and they sent a new Air Temp Sensor. Installed and now it is worse. Didn't even warm up and it died and won't restart.

I have adjusted valves and plug gap from measurements found here on China Riders, so that shouldn't be the issue.

The good news is the CEL is on constant now and I have a 6 pin adapter for OB2. Bad news is my kids have my OB2 reader. Will update when I can read code. Just looking for somewhere next to start looking in the meantime. O2 sensor?

BTW, what sensor is this in the attached Pic? At first I thought it was the air temperature sensor, but realized when I got the new one it was not. I have taken that off and I'm just wondering if I might have messed something up. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240818_023500.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	629.2 KB
ID:	31847  

Old Today, 05:26 AM   #2

Update

So I found out the Pic I posted was a Throttle Position sensor and I had not tensioned it correctly. Oops. Now it runs, except for a buzzing noise that seems to be from the gas tank. I read there is a hose/nozzle that is causing that. Any suggestions on how to fix or do you just live with it?

Thanks!