Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #1

Intake manifold spinner plate yx140

I have a spinner plate 28mm id with poor milling. Its the one that comes with the o-ring. the o-ring is awful and goes bad quick. I believe it to be the source of a tiny, yet permanent air leak. I purchased a plate with no o-ring or channel with an id of 26mm to replace it.

My yx140 head has an intake inlet of 27mm, and I'm using a manifold with 28mm, and a pe24fl Nibbi.

If I use the 26mm plate between the 28mm manifold and 27mm inlet, will there be lots of turbulence at the adapter and cause issues with the engine running properly?

I know some folks who use the 26mm adapter on their zs190, which has a 30mm intake inlet.

What are your thoughts on this? Is the size enough to cause trouble or would it be negligible one a motor this small?

Thanks

Old Today, 06:50 AM   #2

It can indeed cause a problem. The intake tube that was supplied with my Lifan 140 measured 26mm on one end and 24mm on the other. Both the carb and head were 26mm. It would idle fine and run OK at low RPM but crappy at high RPM. It ran fine after I replaced it with one that was 26mm all the way through.

Old Today, 08:01 AM   #3

That is odd that you would receive an intake manifold with different diameter at each end.

How would you describe the poor running at top end?