Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 01:13 PM   #1

Lean angle

Hi all,

i will start off by saying i have a 2022 HAWK DLX EFI. i want to know what the "proper" or excepted lean angle is for the bike on its kickstand. here is what mine looks like. is this normal? i don't recall it being this bad to begin with, but maybe it was. i have checked and nothing is cracked, twisted, mangles in anyway where the kickstand mounts. all looks like it should i assume, no paint missing or cracked either, so i assume it hasn't moved or bent in anyway. let me know what you guys think. hand if this is :"normal lean" how can i improve this so it isn't leaning so far? is that just getting a new kickstand that is longer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lean.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	31779  

Old Today, 02:58 PM   #2

That to me is excessive lean by what I see in the picture. My 21’ Hawk DLX kick stand measures from the center of the mounting bolt following the center of the stand to the ground approximately 13 1/2” is yours the same? Because there has been lots asking the same question I believe it probably is the kickstand weld-mount that’s the problem. My bike only leans half as much as yours. Others may chime in on what they did to correct the problem. I think some carry a small 2x4 block to raise it up more. My thoughts…