Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 07:12 PM   #46

wow..great bike great photos...im jealous!

Old 05-10-2024, 10:15 AM   #47

Thank you for that howto on disabling the brake requirement. Finally did that on mine yesterday! My start switch had been replaced with an identical one but has different wire colors, so for me it was yellow-red that needed to be cut and connected to the brake switch.

Old Today, 07:33 AM   #48

Before I left for vacation back in June, I had parked the bike in the shop for some maintenance when I returned. The turn signal switch was giving me grief, and the head bearings had the slightest amount of slop in them, so I decided to tear it all down for inspection. The bearings were ok thankfully, and just needed a tad more preload. I greased the living piss out of the bearings, since there was very little grease on them, and filled the head cavity with grease while reassembling.

While it was apart...I had a crazy idea. We all know the stock headlight sucks, and I had installed some led spots on either side of the forks, but decided to go a step further...

So I built a headframe to hang everything off of. This eliminated the stock headlight pod, and gave me a better location to hang the gauge and switch so I could see them better. The top LED is the Low beam, and on high beam...BOTH lights come on.
This is the Tusk Mini handlebar switch to replace my crunchy feeling stock turn signal switch. It feels 100% better than the original.

The wire colors were almost exactly the same after testing them all! I used solder heat shrink connections and attached to the original plug.

Fabricated a new windscreen and heat formed it over a big piece of pipe.

Rode the bike to work a couple of times last week...and I love the changes. It's not dark enough to really test the headlights, but I think they will be a great improvement over the stock configuration.

Old Today, 09:37 AM   #49

Very nicely done! I'm saving up for my Templar...

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin