Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #1

Intel Raptor Lake Major Quality Issues

Just sharing some info...

Reports are coming in that Intel's 13th and 14th gen CPUs are failing.

If you have a system using these products you might want to reevaluate your computing options.

If you have shares in Intel you might also want reevaluate your investment strategies before the news becomes mainstream and Intel confessions go public.

Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #2

I've got a Sandy Bridge chip. So far, I'm feeling pretty vindicated in having such outdated silicon still in operation. It runs everything I want it to just fine but... It's too old for Microsoft to force a compulsory Windows 11 update down my throat, is too old to be affected by the "Downfall" vulnerability that was the previous major headline, and is likewise too ancient to be part of this latest round of manufacturing cock-ups. Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Yeah, I think I'm good.

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #3

if your on 12th gen or lower you dodged a silicon degradation bullet.

I just updated my AM4 a new AM5 system using a 7500f cpu from aliexpress. The AM4 has been relagated to media/TV duty...

The last Intel CPU I had was a 6700K skylake. Which I used in a kids (1st PC) for my Niece's children...

I got fed up feeling forced to by a new motherboard every Intel CPU release along with thier prolonged 4 core death grip for over a decade. And the new CPUs almost needing mandatory liquid cooling...

AMD has been good to me so far...The first PC I built was using an Athlon64 X2 4200...

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #4

As for Win11 update force feeding from Win10...

I am getting close to cracking the knuckles and switching to Linux. Probably Linux Mint.

Win10 is fine for me now but with the security updates ending 2025 and my personal distrust in win11 data harvesting and privacy concerns, switching to Linux seems like the logical next step.

Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #5

Smiled when I saw this post. I'm in IT and we've got about 150 pc's that fall in this category and have been caught up in 'who's responsible' hell of big tech. We've relegated to the position of just letting the pc's that are halfway stable just age out for replacement. Intel and other big tech providers have made the RMA process so labor intensive that the most cost effective measure is to just give up and buy new.

Old Today, 08:39 AM   #6

The day that Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP, back in Nov. 2014, I switched to Linux (Ubuntu) and haven't looked back. Bought a house-brand Powerspec computer from Micro Center with Linux as the OS. Upgraded both the OS and hardware in 2015 and again in 2021, so now I have an i3-4170, 16 GB of DDR3 RAM, and a 500 GB Samsung SSD. The computer is so fast now, esp. with the SSD, that I will never need to replace it until it breaks in some fatal way.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself