Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2024, 02:05 AM   #1

1 year/ 2700mi update Xpect

Had the Xpect for about a year now and just under 2800mi. Just did a 2nd valve adjustment. The bike runs good, I recommend it. I am 5’8” between 250-260lbs. This is my first bike. I can flat foot just fine on it and it’s pretty light. Laid the bike down in the yard last September and messed my knee up, in physical therapy and trying to get some more miles in. After I laid it down had to replace the foot shifter(opted for tusk) and straighten handle bar back out. Also changed front sprocket to 17 tooth JT sprocket, really helps with road riding! Been on the interstate once and it wasn’t to bad for a short distance, speedo showed me getting upto about 74mph maxed ou( so probably about 70). Would have been better if I had the right chain tension at the time. Still debating on some storage on the bike to be able to run errands better on it, currently just use a backpack.

1 question I really have is does anybody know the best way to adjust the headlight, I know how to adjust but haven’t really found the sweet spot on it(TIA).

Old 06-30-2024, 07:05 AM   #2

No idea on the Lifan but the stock headlight on my Templar is close to useless for other than a daytime running light for road use. I've lowered mine and installed pannier racks/bags and use it to get to hiking trailheads within 100 miles. Since it's lowered, adjusted all the way down, the headlight is still way too high. Even if it would adjust correctly it's just not enough light to safely ride after dark for me. Lighted city streets maybe..

Old 06-30-2024, 11:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
No idea on the Lifan but the stock headlight on my Templar is close to useless for other than a daytime running light for road use. I've lowered mine and installed pannier racks/bags and use it to get to hiking trailheads within 100 miles. Since it's lowered, adjusted all the way down, the headlight is still way too high. Even if it would adjust correctly it's just not enough light to safely ride after dark for me. Lighted city streets maybe..
Thank you for the reply

Old 06-30-2024, 01:42 PM   #4

Does the Expect have an H4 type connector? IF it does, there are some brilliant led replacements that can really help, and they don't draw halogen level current. Amazon has Auxito H4 led buls in different whiteness values. I got a AUXITO H4 LED Light Bulb Motorcycle, 9003 HB2 LED Light 3000LM 6000K Cool White 1860. There are others.

If you have to ride after dark, it is worth the upgrade.

Old 06-30-2024, 02:27 PM   #5

Thank you very much, I do think it accepts the H4, was considering an led upgrade on the headlight already, will now probably go for it

Tags
headlight, review, xpect