Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2024, 01:12 PM   #1

X-Pro Storm 150 DXL

Hey All,
New to China Riders. I bought my X-Pro Storm 150 DXL in December. I've only been able to take it on the trails 3 or 4 times because the National Park trails near me have been closed due to so much rain. Because I can't leave anything stock, I've added a Nibbi PE 24 carb, RK chain, Nibbi grips, pipe, NGK sparkplug, 15 tooth front sprocket, bar risers, an 80/100 front tire, and changed the rear wheel to an 18", and 45 tooth rear sprocket. It's been lots of fun riding (when I can) and tinkering with. What are your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18 inch wheel 2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	31629  

Last edited by Chris Kuempel; 06-21-2024 at 04:00 PM.

Old 06-20-2024, 01:41 PM   #2

Hi there!
I have the same bike and love it. I currently have 300 miles on mine and will do my third oil change this coming weekend. I did a Mikuni VM26 w/ 100 main and 37.5 pilot jets with a UNI two-stage pod filter and a “waterproof” sock over it since I go through small mud puddles sometimes. I also installed an NGK CR7HSA spark plug. I installed an RK natural heavy duty 428 chain and a 16 tooth front sprocket. This thing is a trail beast and cruises comfortably on the road between 45-55 mph. It’s pretty much topped out at 59-60 mph, but that’s exactly what I’d expect. The only thing I don’t care for is the hard seat. It’s brutal after riding on the road longer than @ 20 minutes. I’ll probably get the seat re-done with some memory foam or seat gel by a seat upholsterer. I also have to put quite a bit of preload on the rear shock to avoid bottoming the shock out when riding a little harder offroad (I’m 175lbs). Nevertheless, it’s a heck of a bike for the money!

Last edited by Dusman; 06-24-2024 at 12:45 PM.

Old 06-20-2024, 02:17 PM   #3

Welcome Chris! another Storm 150 DLX fan here. My bike is stock short of 16t front sprocket and a good downward turn on the headlight. Have fun with it

Old 06-20-2024, 10:02 PM   #4

I've looked extensively at this bike, and liked it very much. In a way it's almost the same engine as the Vader 150 I have, but the 150 dlx is much lighter in weight.
The weight was what I liked about the dlx.

I needed more top speed, and the dlx has a higher profile than the Vader, causing it to be able to handle lower top speeds, so I went with the Vader.

I'm intrigued at the idea of installing a CG250 inside such a bike...
It would probably be Hawk DLX performance, at 50-75 lbs lower weight?

Tags
x-pro 150, x-pro storm, x-pro storm 150 dxl