Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2024, 06:01 PM   #1

Nope.

Thumper my main man was right, valves all along. I justt took it for a 20 min ride with shit ziptied bc I honestly thought it was going to be the carbs too but it wasn't. Ran like a fuckin top the whole time, didn't stuttter or stop once.

Thumper I'm sorry for not taking your advice earlier. My frame of reference is my RR which I put 11K miles on in the last year to 28 total now and had my valves checked a few months ago and they were fine. Regardless,

Thumper I owe you a 6 pack or some bud or something seriously dude, after reading your post I literally just went out and did it, .002 on both sides and it starts right up with a little choke then after a minute or so its GTG, pulls hard to redline.

Also sorry for being a redundant idiot, like I said you lit a fire under my ass and I appreciate it truly, I am known to be a bit hard headed so thanks for the wake up call.

Old 06-19-2024, 06:25 PM   #2

Great news.

Now that you have a working vehicle, you may find minor jetting issues that you can deal with confidently! Getting the basic mechanical stuff out of the way (valves!) puts you on firm ground.

There are a few people here worth listening to, but clearly not all. We can't really stop them

I appreciate the vote of confidence, and all of the other members that actually know what they are talking about providing advice. I listen to them and think. They really help me too.