Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2024, 09:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yes! Dropping a couple of teeth on the front will drop the ratio on every gear by about 11%

You will definitely notice 2nd and 3rd have a little more torque, and going 11% slower at a given rpm. Of course it also means 11% slower at same rpm in 5th on pavement!

It is actually amazing that you are still using the original chain, a 428. If the new gearing works for you, you might consider an upgrade to a RK Takasago 428H chain. Just $23. It will be quieter and stronger, and mate well during breaking in period on the new front sprocket.

I upgraded to 520 chain with sprockets on my Brozz (Bashan) Storm, but probably would have been OK with the better 428H chain.

By the way, I really like that original Recon. NICE bike! And I'll bet it's holding up well. My storm was identical, but black red and white colors. Even the tires were identical!
Good to know! I am really excited to see what the bike feels like when I make the change. I think that sounds like a good idea. I'll test things out with the stock chain and I'll upgrade to the chain you linked when. I feel like I am satisfied with the 15T front sprocket!

Thanks too! I love the look of the Recon. Really love the brown and black combo! It's been such a fun bike. Perfect for what I needed! I am really happy I got it. I'm still using the stock nobby tires it came with too, they've really outperformed my expectations I had of them lol!