Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2024, 08:03 AM   #1

Orion or Q9 for a Hawk X 250

Looking at picking up a Hawk X 250, both Q9 and Orion are about the same price shipped.

Q9 seems to imply you wait for the bike to be delivered full out a MCO request and get it a few weeks later..

Orion seems to imply you get it around the same time as the bike, however the page to buy the Hawk X 250 on Orion says free shipping, the website says "all bikes ship free" but when you go to check out it adds a shipping cost. It also says on the bike, "MCO listed as motorcycle" and then directly below it says "MCO listed as dirt bike"

I can't risk getting a dirt bike MCO in my state.

Anyone have a recommendation

Old 06-12-2024, 09:09 AM   #2

The Hawk is a dual sport. It has more relaxed steering head angle than something like the Templars. Also, the seat on Hawks keep you planted in one spot, whereas "enduro" bikes have a flat seat that allows you to sit farther back or forward, or stand up and sit anywhere while on the trail.

These are quite different. It is not just about price. It really depends on your riding preference. As Dan mentioned, the Hawk is a better road bike. Templar can do both, but helps on the trail to have the stiffer front end and steeper rake.

Have you considered the Templar M? $1750 plus $300 shipping.

The X is $1950 plus $300 shipping. Not sure where you came up with the higher pricing you posted before. PSM is a site sponsor. You can see the PSM ad on the main page.

Old 06-12-2024, 12:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
The Hawk is a dual sport. It has more relaxed steering head angle than something like the Templars. Also, the seat on Hawks keep you planted in one spot, whereas "enduro" bikes have a flat seat that allows you to sit farther back or forward, or stand up and sit anywhere while on the trail.

These are quite different. It is not just about price. It really depends on your riding preference. As Dan mentioned, the Hawk is a better road bike. Templar can do both, but helps on the trail to have the stiffer front end and steeper rake.

Have you considered the Templar M? $1750 plus $300 shipping.

The X is $1950 plus $300 shipping. Not sure where you came up with the higher pricing you posted before. PSM is a site sponsor. You can see the PSM ad on the main page.
Thanks for the info, just trying to get some insight on the sellers of Hawk X as PSM doesn't have them.

Yes, the Templar X is $1950+300 that's $2250 versus $1600 for a Hawk 250 and $1700 for a Hawk X. Like I had previously said. That's not factoring that I then have to pay tax on the sale price including shipping at my state DMV.

Old 06-12-2024, 09:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt250vabeach View Post
Thanks for the info, just trying to get some insight on the sellers of Hawk X as PSM doesn't have them.

Yes, the Templar X is $1950+300 that's $2250 versus $1600 for a Hawk 250 and $1700 for a Hawk X. Like I had previously said. That's not factoring that I then have to pay tax on the sale price including shipping at my state DMV.
Yes. I just saw that you wanted a Templar X but decided it would be too expensive. The Hawk X has conventional front suspension and 14hp CGclone 230cc engine. For about $40 more (plus $300 shipping that you would not pay additional sales tax on), the Templar M has much better frame, beefy USD front forks (much stiffer), engine guard, large bearclaw footpegs, adjustable brake/clutch levers, and a 20 hp 249cc engine. That ZS172FMM-3A is a nice engine. Taken together, much more for the money. It is a little taller, but easy to drop a couple of inches (Templar Resource guide).

Both are 5 speeds. PSM still has some Temp M in stock, and they will send an MCO with motorcycle in the vehicle type field. It is an inch or so taller.

Q9 is new to me.