Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2024, 09:56 AM   #1

Update: X-Pro (the seller of that shock I linked) canceled my order without any explanation. Back to the drawing board.

Instead, I ordered this:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804125593468.html

Despite the eye-watering shipping cost, it's actually slightly cheaper than the Templar shock. The shackle widths are also spot on, although it is 15mm shorter overall. I say whatever to that; The RXB could do with being a hair shorter anyhow. Now we wait for the slow boat from China.

Old 06-02-2024, 01:32 PM   #2

Update:

Tl;dr: It appears to fit. This shock fits the RXB and is 1/4 the cost of "OEM."

This morning I installed the aforementioned shock. It was the Aliexpress one I linked above. Here it is again, for posterity:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804125593468.html

It mounted up just fine, although the bushing on the eye at the top end was narrower than the original one. I packed it out with 10mm flat washers, one on either side. There was some rattle in the original side-to-side as well, and it feels about the same now.

Verily, the new shock is slightly visibly shorter than the old one. On paper, the difference is 15mm.

Otherwise, it is suspiciously similar. The rod diameter, bump stop, and even the red anodized cap at the end of the cylinder are the same. The spring is also the same thickness and has the same number of turns, although its major diameter is slightly smaller. The shackle on the bottom end was precisely the right width.

This one doesn't have a remote reservoir on it. I am fairly positive the one on the original shock was purely decorative anyway. Instead the Schrader valve is near the top and I oriented it so it faces towards the rear which might make it a little easier to access.

Theoretically the shorter shock should also lower the bike but I did not notice much difference. My kick stand angle is still well within bounds. I couldn't flat foot the RXB before, and I still can't flat foot it now.

I didn't realize that my shock must have been blown for quite some time, because the bike is significantly less bouncy now. As in, not at all. Damping is adjustable on this one but only as a whole, rebound and compression do not have separate screws.