Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #1

I Need A Front Rim!!!!!!!!!

i posted some thing in the wanted section but i have gotten no replies.

i'm in serious need of a new front rim for my RSX-200E (upside down forks). if anyone knows where i can get one it'd be much appriciated. Roketa can get one but it's a month out.

i'm willing to chance that all the china bike with upside down forks use the same rim, so if anyone knows where i can get one please let me know.

thanks.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #2

Check with RPM

Old 02-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #3

When I bent my front rim I bought a new one from Larry Hooper www.hooperimports.com. It wasn't cheap, $125 or $150, but the bike wasn't much good without it.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 AM   #4

There are different wheel spindle diameters, USD forks are 15mm, conventional forks 12mm (I think), so the wheel bearings will be different, which will make the hubs different. So theres no swapping bits around.

Jonathan.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerslayer
When I bent my front rim I bought a new one from Larry Hooper www.hooperimports.com. It wasn't cheap, $125 or $150, but the bike wasn't much good without it.
cool thanks for the info. i'm going to give them a call.

BTW did it come all assembled?

Old 02-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #6

Hi FMYStreetRacer

The front wheels are almost all the same, bearings are interchangeable! I have one here but when we get the wheels in they need to be trued. {It's called for} Parts come all separate, but assembled to make sure we get all of the parts we need. I thought it was you that e~mailed me about this but as I look at my notes the guy is from Pa. I'm in a pickle right now as I need to purchase a new scale to weigh parts to be shipped. I just have not had time to go purchase a new one with The Dealer Expo this weekend. I should be back up to speed by the end of next week. I can order a wheel for you from A. Lifan, the wheel trued is $101.00 plus tax & shipping.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 02-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
Hi FMYStreetRacer

The front wheels are almost all the same, bearings are interchangeable! I have one here but when we get the wheels in they need to be trued. {It's called for} Parts come all separate, but assembled to make sure we get all of the parts we need. I thought it was you that e~mailed me about this but as I look at my notes the guy is from Pa. I'm in a pickle right now as I need to purchase a new scale to weigh parts to be shipped. I just have not had time to go purchase a new one with The Dealer Expo this weekend. I should be back up to speed by the end of next week. I can order a wheel for you from A. Lifan, the wheel trued is $101.00 plus tax & shipping.

Bruce
parts come seperate but assembled? if all you have is the rim "band" i guess you'd call it i can use that. if you have to order a complete rim from lifan how far out is it? Roketa wants much less for a complete rim but it's 4 weeks away. as you can see i to am in a pickle.

i just called you shop and left a message with the guy at the counter.