Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2021, 06:20 PM   #1

Damn the bad luck

The chain master link failed on my first Hawk trail ride today. It sucks because the chain wadded up around the front sprocket and busted up some of the case. I wrote to the Amazon seller, Smart Deals Now, but I don't expect too much even though it's still under warranty and has only 23 miles on the Hawk. Others on the forum had mentioned having chain problems but not everyone. I had the chain tension dialed in or so I thought. Has anyone had warranty service on the RPS 250 Hawk's?

Old 04-28-2021, 09:36 PM   #2

Did you put the chain tight?

Old 04-28-2021, 10:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Did you put the chain tight?
I left a fair amount of slack and compensated by adding an aftermarket chain tensioner I have seen on this forum. I had to leave the Hawk behind and hike out to get picked up because I forgot the old advice to bring a spare master link!! It's in 4-wheel drive country. I had take a chance and leave it behind until a friend with a 4 X 4 can go back with me. I will load the bike out and take a closer look at the damage when I get it back. I've already ordered a heavy duty o-ring chain and spare master links. I might even rivet it back together, my son has the tool.