Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #1

Brozz 250 Performance Mods List

Hi all,
My Brozz 250 Recon is sitting at about 200 miles well underway and on track to be broken in by 500 mile mark. The bike is lacking in performance that's for sure, although I've tried to stay away from full throttle and stay under 6k rpm, on a 55 mph road with an uphill can be a challenge and I'm elevating that most people ride around in the road at or near full throttle so as to keep up with traffic..
Couple of questions for those who have been where I'm at:
1. Ive read that the bike will gain some power around 500 miles once broken in... anyone have an idea of what kind of power gain I might see? 5%, 10%? More?

2. If I make a lot to the airbox or change it to a tripod filter..
A. Which one gives the best performance gain
B. I read that the main jet stock is 105. I'm at 600 foot elevation. If I mod the air filter would I need to rejet? Assuming yes, what would be a good main jet for this? Any other carb changes?

3. Ive poked 8 holes in the exhaust endcap and interestingly noticed that I can start up now without choke.. Would this freer flowing exhaust mod richen the fuel mixture?

4. Are the NGK or E3 plugs actually showing a performance gain or are people changing out the stock ones just to have a better spark plug for longevity or the part?

Any other performance mods I should consider
Again thanks so much in advance

Last edited by tknj99; 11-10-2020 at 09:59 PM.