Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I would not even think of paying more than $400 for that ,and even that much ONLY if i was already proficient in diagnosing and repairing motorcycles.or had very good mechanical aptitude in general and the requisite pile of tools.
It's just plain from the state of it that it's going to have a multitude of issues that will require significant parts chasing and purchase and waiting on each to arrive one after the other as you find issues means at the end of the day you are likely looking at weeks and months to go through the entire process.
Thats just senseless aggravation when you can get a new one for $1200 - $1250 dollars and you already have $800. At this point in my life i might take it if someone gave it to me and try to fix it, because i have other bikes to ride in the meantime but were i a first time owner who actually wanted to get to ride in the forseeable future., i would run, not walk away from that particular bike. I know you want to ride , and thats great.But that bike aint it bro , keep looking .
I would only change 400 dollars to 0 dollars, you are way to close to a new bike if you have 800 bucks and it will be worth every extra dollar you spend IMHO.

Tags
hawk, hawk 250, new rider