Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #16

Well...

Iam not sure either, but I have looked at all the different sellers I could find for this bike, and the look of the bike varies very much in some cases. This is a steet bike, so there is a lot of room to make it look like shit. The Galata version has stickers that make it look like a dirt bike (closest to the original lifan look) , some others have weird paint designs and all have different stickers... The TMS version looks tight though, very nice design and no stickers in strange places. People stare at it all the time wondering what it is, big time attention grabber. I will be posting the pictrures tonight I think... I did have to cut the rear fender alittle, looked like a moped from behind to start with. Removed the luggage rack too, useless POS is like ten pounds =)... Im gonna be posting the pics of my rear sprocket hub, the thing shredded on me, check out the pics its brutal.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i had a long discussion with the owner of hoopers motorsports about this.. there is no such thing as lifan, shineray, etc. these are made up names, that they use in america. He told me basically that people contact the chinese manufactures and just tell them what they want, and they make it and send over a couple hundred on containers.. but there is no real manufacturer of them, thats why quality is such an issue on these things, they keep costs down by slapping them together and sending them...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #18

Quote:
there is no such thing as lifan,
I'll have to disagree with you there. Lifan is the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world (at least by quantity produced). Some of the others are definitely re-branded - but not Lifan.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #19

I think that Hooper is half correct; there is a Lifan and a Zongshen; and the rest are probably made by them. Here in the US, I think that Zongshen concentrates on manufacturing others' brands (hence the small presence here in N. America of actual Zongshen product), while, in the US and it seems worldwide, Lifan has moved away from manufacturing for others and is pushing its own brand or brands (i.e. Hongdou in Europe). An example in the US is the availability of both gray-market and official American Lifan bikes--however, its profits get back to its headquarters in China, no matter which bike one buys.

In fact, two of the wealthiest Chinese citizens are the founders of Zongshen and Lifan. Zongshen is either dealing with, or had discussed dealing with, Harley Davidson, to be the distributors of Harleys in China. No mention of Lifan in that deal.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
I couldn't agree with Frostbite and Culcune more! That info about Lifan is not accurate at all. If you do a little googling, you will find a few things out about Lifan that many do not know such as:

Chongqing Lifan Industry Group started out in 1992 with only 9 employees. Today, Lifan has over 9000 employees and the majority of them are engineers and technologists. They are constantly breaking records in different areas of the Chinese market.

* #1 for Quality and Volume out of China
* #1 Exporter out of Asia, for every 2 bikes exported, 1 is a Lifan
* #1 in number of patents filed with National Motorcycle Industry

http://www.lifan.com/en/751560178050...p?parentid=358

Lifan is also a manufacturer for cars, trucks, busses, generators and engines that are sold to a large variety of companies. There are more Lifan units in China than there are Honda units.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #21

Long live LIFAN!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:46 AM   #22

Frostbite, Culcune, & RPM
This is a for sure DITTO!! Lifan in China make the largest amount of engines sold in the world today and they produce the largest amount of motorcycles.

Manufacturer, Lifan China: http://www.lifan.com/en/75156017805000704/index.asp
Distributor, American Lifan: http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan2/
Distributor, Canadian Lifan: http://www.lifancanada.com/

The proof is there. Hopper is wrong.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net