Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #1

Hellcat arrived today. Ugh

My Hellcat arrived.

The crate arrived in good condition. Removing the cardboard revealed nothing smashed into it. Under closer inspection different parts of the bike including the rims were marred from the metal wires securing it to the cage. The small metal plates near the motor that contain the VIN and other information are buckled. The right side chain tensioner is defective. The flat rectangular plate doesn't line up properly with the rear of the swing arm. The lock position on the ignition switch does nothing. The 10mm mount hole for the left side mirror is misthreaded. Oh well.

It is on.

Drain poo oil.

Hope this is good.

Aww yeah

Oh there it is

Just one more thing

Of fucking course

After hiking to the next gas station that had 93, I found gas freely pours from the drain hose. Taping on the bowl didn't unstick the float if that was the problem. Neither did flushing it out. Most likely it needs a rebuild. The speedo is also stuck in kmph.

A new carb arrives Saturday and I'm trying to resolve it with the vendor.

Last edited by scoot newb; 03-17-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: words.. clarity

Old 03-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #2

Does that engine have an extremely high compression ratio (usually 10 to 1 or higher) or is there another reason for only wanting to use 93 octane?

Most of these Chinese engines get by just fine on cheapo regular fuel... "cheapo regular fuel" is 85 octane for us at high altitude, and 87 for the rest of the folks

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #3

I wish I had known that. It would have saved me a long walk to the next gas station.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #4

You might also try to "clean and lube" the carb and float parts, they are known to easily get gummed up and sticky depending on how long and where it was "in storage/shipped"

"MMO" (Marvel Mystery Oil) can be a sticky/gummed up carbs new best friend... it's only 4 ounces of MMO for every 10 gallons of fuel so an ounce or so in a motorcycle gas tank is usually plenty... you might still need to do an initial "clean up" depending on how dirty/sticky the parts are.

If you are cleaning up the original, just make sure you get any o-rings, gaskets and seals out before you clean up a carb, depending on what you use... those parts can dry out (Carb and Brake Cleaner come to mind) or swell up, quickly making them unusable

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #5

I wouldn't even bother with the factory carb, just buy a better one, there cheap enough. Some of these China bikes come with non serviceable carbs. Don't know what you have. You "can" run regular gas if u must, just don't run with any ethanol in it.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 03-16-2019, 05:37 PM   #6

Thanks. I ditched the original. The mikuni VM22 and 26mm manifold arrived today. Man, I found more problems after removing the plastic. But those are sorted. I removed the airbox. The charcoal filter is still on but it is no longer connected to anything. I installed a 110 main and this carb kit and started right up. Now it is on to the swing arm, and front sprocket.

Last edited by scoot newb; 03-17-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #7

Old 03-16-2019, 08:41 PM   #8

Did you get plug up any vac lines u still have if any? I had some issues when I got mine not as many as you have had. If nothing else ,your learning how to fix your bike which is good to know some things. Glad to hear you are making progress.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 03-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
Did you get plug up any vac lines up still have if any? I had some issues when I got mine not asany as you have had. If nothing else ,your learning how to fix your bike which is good to know some things. Glad to hear you are making progress.
I don't think there's any vacuum lines anymore. I could be wrong. The airbox is gone, there is a hose running from the front of the gas tank to the charcoal box and nothing else connected to the charcoal box. The case vent hose is connected to a filter and the new manifold doesn't have an inlet.

Last edited by scoot newb; 03-17-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
or swell up, quickly making them unusable
True. I took the diaphragm out of a CVK carb with gas residue on my hands and that was enough to make it swell.