Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #1

The RX3 stock headlight bulb is awful. But the headlight housing is good. If the RX4 is the same, then an LED upgrade will work well if you get the right one. CSC sells one, and they mark it up a bit, but horribly so. I bought the same one for $20 less locally. I also tried a cheaper one and it was awful. Get the one CSC recommends.

For aux lights, I got a set of tube mounts and put them on the guards. $20-ish on Amazon for four of them (only needed two).

Old 06-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
The RX3 stock headlight bulb is awful. But the headlight housing is good. If the RX4 is the same,
The RX4 headlight is a significant upgrade from the RX3. There's really no comparison. In addition to the obvious bulb and reflector being different, the RX4 has a LED perimeter running light for daytime use. The actual headlight can be set to come on automatically in low light conditions. Thus, you don't eat up as many electrons during daylight riding while still meeting the legal requirement to have a light on.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:05 PM   #3

I agree. The RX3 started the revolution but the RX4 deserves it's own sub-forum.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #4

The RX4 hasn’t or doesn’t seem so popular in china either
There’s a whole new bunch of makes n models out there now mostly twin 500cc

Old 09-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #5

Joe did not go on the 4500 mile trip, had to cancel for various reasons...all on Exhaust Notes.

I just saw a note from LongHaul747 about his RX4 delivery:
The 450s do not fit on the pallets CSC has been using or their other bikes. Thus, the bikes will be shipped through a motorcycle specific shipping company that has purpose built shipping pallets. This will be done in geographic batches. In other words, my RX4 will be loaded with a bunch of other east coast bound bikes and delivered without me having to either disassemble a shipping box or disposing of the pallet and shipping stuff. I also expect less chance for damage because the bike won't be subject to multiple moves from truck to terminal to truck.

Peter Y.