Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #1

Howdy Doodly Neighborino's

Reaching out from Indiana - first time bike owner. I work as a System Admin, but I prefer to spend my free time outdoors. I am very handy and can fix just about anything, so after my research, the China bikes seemed perfect for my needs and budget.

I picked up the Apollo DB-007 a few months ago and so far it's right about what I expected. Primarily carby issues which I detailed in another post - still waiting on an adjustable intake manifold so I can get back to it.

Also - I recently bought a new(to me) home on 4 acres. It's about 1.5 acres of yard and house and 2.5 of woods. I plan to make some trails of some sort here this fall and I will be sure to share that journey.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Name:  db007.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  25.0 KB

Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #2

Hi glad you found us and thanks for the pic. That's a very nice bike you have there.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #3

Welcome! Love your James Bond bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #4

Bond...James Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome! Love your James Bond bike.
Thanks Weldangrind! I was torn at first on peeling all the stickers - so far I only did the front and rear fenders. I like it.
Will like it more when I can ride again - last I rode the imitation mikuni was just leaking as soon as I cut the gas on, but hadn't leaked the ride before and I didn't touch it. So yeah... COME ON ADJUSTABLE INTAKE MANIFOLD!

Came off the slow boat to Chicago on 7/11 and still in the same location a week later.

...the suspense is killing me!

Old 07-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #5

Welcome!

Some land...a dirt bike...oh yeah, some good stories are coming!

Ride Safe!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 07-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
Some land...a dirt bike...oh yeah, some good stories are coming!

Ride Safe!
Ha ha! Yes, most definitely - just got over the initial carby struggles. Still need to properly jet the new legit Mikuni carb, but it's decent right from the factory. Either way, the next few months should be rather eventful!

Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM   #7

Oh boy...

To anyone reading and wondering...I received the adjustable intake manifold...
Nope, it does not work.

I ended up drilling out the factory intake manifold, which I had planned to do initially but convinced myself to try to buy the proper part. So I waited like 3 weeks to just end up doing it anyway...

It's all rock solid with the modified manifold - though I wish I would have done it a tad bit cleaner, but not bad for 3 minutes of effort.

I must say that someone would have had a great laugh for sure if they witnessed this....
For one, I took the old carb and manifold off, put the new together and went to seat it and... NOPE, NO DICE!
Prior to that, I had popped the spark plug wire for the obvious reasons... safety and space for wrench turnins'.....

I completed the mod and put it back together. 'Remembering the purrr from when I first tested it'...
Excitement was building...
Do the normal pre-start checks...
Nuetral - Check
Key to On - Check
Kill Switch to run - Check
Gas to on - Check
KICK IT!
Nothing...
Hmm, okay...
KICK IT AGAIN!
Same.
Repeat X how ever many times before it's exhausting...
So I lean over on my throttle side and see the spark plug wire just hanging out and flopping around...
You know the rest.... popped the wire on and SCHWAMMMM! She fired right up.

I don't mind you laughing at my expense - because, well, I laughed for a good minute about it myself....

Last edited by FastTacoDelux; 08-01-2018 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Grammatical error