Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #1

Which Chinese Motorcycle??

Hello,

New member looking for advice. I've had my heart set on a XR650L, but can't ignore the prices on all these Chinese dirt-bikes. Does anyone have a recommendation on which street legal enduro 250cc is the best or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks for you help.

Kory-Oregon

Old 01-05-2018, 06:55 PM   #2

Not much difference power wise or ergonomics. The problem is getting certain models registered in some states.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:32 AM   #3

The RPS Hawk 250 is popular around here, but there are a few choices from Bashan worth looking into (and those are 49 state legal--Californians need not apply). They are the Bashan Storm 250, the Bashan Shark 250, the Bashan Brozz 250, and the near twin/competitor of the Hawk, is the Bashan Enforcer 250.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-06-2018, 03:33 AM   #4

Welcome Kory.

I think it would really come down to your budget as to what can be recommended.

In terms of the "best", then that route would be the CSC TT250. In terms of power, it's about equal to the others I will list, but it is 50 state legal - so registration problems won't be a problem. It also generally has a better "as delivered" build quality, higher output charging system, better carburetor and a better suspension. It's biggest selling point is actual support from CSC. Obviously, all of these perks means it is about $800-1000 more than it's cousins.

It's 2 cousins, the Bashan Enforcer and RPS Hawk, are more or less the budget versions of the TT250. Non-counterbalanced engines, no suspension adjustability and thinner traditional forks. Sit them all side by side and they are almost clones of one another and share a lot of parts. The Bashan Enforcer is a slightly better bike out of the crate, but only by a tiny bit. The Hawk has a couple of well known flaws, but all of them are generally cheaply and easily resolved, and once done put it on par with the Bashan, so I consider them to be mostly a toss up.

All three of these bikes have a 21" and 18" wheel combination.

Then, as Culcune mentioned, there are the other Bashan bikes, such as the Brozz, Storm, and Shark. All of them are very similar to the 3 bikes above, but have some variations, such as 19"/17" wheels, different forks, etc.

Now, with all of that out of the way. If you can find a good used XR650L within your budget, then go for it. As much as I love my Hawk, I would rock an XR650L in a heartbeat. Bulletproof engine, and a very rugged durable bike, and an endless aftermarket.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Last edited by Megadan; 01-06-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #5

Well everyone here knows I'm partial to the Zongshen water-cooled NC250 bikes. As Megadan said, it really is about your budget.

But a fuel injected 250cc bike that is this well made for the price is an amazing bike.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #6

Thank you for for your detailed responses. I'm going back to the drawing board to consider what you all said.

Kory

Old 01-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #7

If you can fit on a XR650L that would be my choice, depending on where you live can easily find a million of those bikes used in good to great condition for a little more then the HAWK or the TT250... or you can find one abused and "not running" for a few hundred bucks, spend little to nothing on it (another couple hundred if you had to rebuild something major) and have a reliable Honda for life

If the Mrs. would have fit a 650L that would have been one of the first bikes to check out. It's light (but tall and a little "top heavy"), has decent power for an old mountain goat, and darn near "bulletproof" as someone already mentioned...

Out of the current China Bikes being offered, I would save up the cash (if you had to that is ) and go with anything sold from CSC having their AAA+++ warranty and customer service... after what we went through buying our Bashan through a crappy online shipper, I would have gladly saved up the few hundred more just to get treated like a human being after the sale was made CSC is well worth the little extra $$

Or check out those Pitster bikes, those also have a good source of "replacement/aftermarket parts" (and a "300cc big bore kit" too)... have yet to hear a major complaint about "warranty/dealer issues" like we do with so many other China Bikes being bought and shipped over the net

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:26 PM   #8

If you plan on significant highway travel save up for the used 650. Light highway and mainly secondary roads and trails any of these Chinese choices listed will fit the bill.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The RPS Hawk 250 is popular around here, but there are a few choices from Bashan worth looking into (and those are 49 state legal--Californians need not apply). They are the Bashan Storm 250, the Bashan Shark 250, the Bashan Brozz 250, and the near twin/competitor of the Hawk, is the Bashan Enforcer 250.
Is the Enforcer easily registered in all 49states?

Old 01-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
APSC advertised it as 49 state legal if I recall.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Yes.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #12

Question Strada rx8

My friend got this bike from a client never used he says carburetor is not set for America. I gotta find a repair shop in my area brooklyn ny. Can anyone help me?

Old 01-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhir View Post
My friend got this bike from a client never used he says carburetor is not set for America. I gotta find a repair shop in my area brooklyn ny. Can anyone help me?
Hi Yhir,
Welcome to here. Your best bet is to start a new thread with Pics of the bike and the engine, and any numbers stamped on it so the experts here can help you identify your friends bike. Chinese bikes are different than bikes we are used to seeing, the manufacturer doesn't necessarily line up with a single brand.

You will also find we don't send our bikes out much here, we tend to fix everything ourselves. It is sorta the territory with a chinese bike. I can tell you this, if you and/or your friend are interested in fixing this yourself, well you've come to the right spot. Good luck on your quest to set this bike up for America

PS usually setting it up for America is a bad thing because of our emissions standards, they are brought here lean. We tend to "un-set" it up for America.

-Pistolclass