Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #1

BlueRay Motors

The founder of Redcat has started a new company after selling Redcat to Tank/Yank/Yanked. It is called BlueRay Motors, and provided he holds on to the company, should be a decent company. They don't have any 2-wheelers, just 4 wheelers, and I think the smallest engine size is a 350cc. Apparently they will have a pwc with 1100cc engine. Here is the site.

http://www.blueraymotors.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #2

They look great. I hope he/they survive.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 03-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #3

Hi All
Yes culcune you are correct! He did start up another company called BlueRay Motors. There are a few ol Redcat Dealers that have started with him as we speak, myself included. They will only be dealing in bigger atvs & rtvs from 350cc & up. The jet ski will be coming soon, it's not here as of yet. He should make it since there is no one else with a decent 350cc or larger atv or rtv that stands behind their products as good as he does. The web site is still being built and there are some glitches right now, but they should cleared up soon.
I will be ordering some as soon as all of The Redcat's and TaoTao's are gone. These two companies I won't deal with again. Parts are an issue and when I have to outsource parts that are supposed to be covered under warranty... forget it. I'll cover the warranties that are on everything I sell and have already sold but will not be ordering any more. Parts other than that will come from outside sources.

Keep an eye open... BlueRay, and a company called Crossrunner will be here to stay.
BlueRay Motors: http://www.blueraymotors.com/

Crossrunner: http://www.crossrunner.net/
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #4

i just checked out their site. Who makes the motors and the whole bike for that matter? are they chinese imports or american made?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #5

Thanks for that info, Bruce. Both companies will fit as Crossrunner covers the 50cc to 500cc market, and Blue Ray cover the 350cc and up market, and watercraft.

If one has the means to OEM, it seems that it would be wise to actually visit with manufacturers and hand pick the maker--otherwise it seems that you will never get parts and back-up. Darrin visited China to hand-pick his manufacturers for Redcat, but Tank, after buying Redcat, didn't seem to care as much to obtain parts for its own brand let alone Redcat--sad!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeeater
i just checked out their site. Who makes the motors and the whole bike for that matter? are they chinese imports or american made?
Hi smokeeater
There are none of the atvs that are really Made in The USA, if that's what you mean. For a matter of fact Polaris says American Made, and Yes they are... They are made in North America... Canada. {Please don't anyone take this the wrong way}. Pure=Polaris and their main factory is in Canada for most of their Quads. Their smaller Quads 50cc & 90cc and made in Asia. Quite a few of The Big 4 stuff is made in Asia, too. So what's not made is Asia? Even a lot of H.D. parts are made in Asia.
Ok nuff of this, now to answer the other questions.

Crossrunner: Is made in Asia, Loncin is The Manufacturer as it says on their website, for a mater of fact the entire atv is Manufactured by Loncin. The people from Crossrunner are in China right now for another run of atvs. Every time time they {Loncin} dedicate a run for them they are there for Quality Control. They Really have parts in stock and back their Warranty. They are an OEM and they are a Member of The SVIA so all of their Quads meet SVIA regulations. Right now they one of a few that are Asian made that are SVIA Members!. They do not allow drop shipping from any Dealer except for the first one that set up with them.

BlueRay: Is made in Asia, by a company that I'm not at liberty to mention. This company has a good reputation as they made The MPX Series for Redcat's first owner. They will be another OEM company soon to come. They just received a shipment/container load of parts after receiving their first container load of Quads.
More to come as I'm aloud to mention about BlueRay.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net