Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #1

Venom x21 possible future owner

Hello everyone. I am very close to pulling the trigger on buying this bike:

https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...nt=34152601421

I am slightly apprehensive though as I have not seen any videos, or reviews of it anywhere. The only results on youtube for it are the ones from venom motorsports themselves.

I have also searched the forum for "x21" and not found any results (although searching on google turns up a few).

From what I understand it is exactly the same frame/engine wise as the x20 they sell (Boom Vader), only it has different fairings and such to look like an SSR Razkull.

Ideally I would love to get an SSR razkull but there are no dealers within hundreds of miles of me, and I cant find it for sale on the internet anywhere.

Has anyone on here had any experiences with this specific bike?

Thanks!!

Old 05-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #2

Welcome to here. No experience from what I can tell; the closest besides the SSR is the near-identical Ice Bear Lil' Monster. One member has one, and was intensively modifying his, but had some problems http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19019

My only concern is the X21 is the same manufacturer as the Vader, and those have some out-of-the-box issues to work through--there are several members who have posted about their Vaders in the 'Street' section, and they have overcome the issues, but be aware. This dealer sells both the Boom Vader branded bikes and the Ice Bear models, and they are a reputable dealer, so I would call them and ask them; Venom is reputable (so far), but only sells one brand, so you probably won't get straight answers out of them.

http://www.kronikracing.com/Scooters.html (scroll down and there are two pages of scooters and minis; Ice Bear is on the first page and Boom/Baodiao is the second page). The price difference between the Baodiao and the Ice Bear might make the Vaders a better deal, even with the extra work. But call Kronik Racing and see what they have to say.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-23-2017, 09:27 PM   #3

Welcome aboard .....Culcune gave you the best advice you can get....whatever u end up with I hope it is a great bike and a load of fun.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-24-2017, 07:38 AM   #4

From Kronik racing the Boom brand lil' duc appears to be the bike that venom is selling. it is ~$300 less than the ice bear model.
With either I would expect to do some work out of the box to get it ride ready, just wonder what is worse in quality for the lil' duc to make it $300 cheaper.

Thanks for the advice guys. Lots to think about.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #5

A quick glance at the X21 seems to be a Grom sized bike?
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 05-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Yep! it is a small grom sized bike.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
It is interesting--Honda came out with the Grom, they became popular, then seemed like they were no longer popular, and then got popular, again. In the meantime, the Chinese caught on and started a cult following of these minis that are built in the same class as the Grom (minis).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kss86 View Post
From Kronik racing the Boom brand lil' duc appears to be the bike that venom is selling. it is ~$300 less than the ice bear model.
With either I would expect to do some work out of the box to get it ride ready, just wonder what is worse in quality for the lil' duc to make it $300 cheaper.

Thanks for the advice guys. Lots to think about.
Have you looked through the Vader threads? My guess is the issues would be the same as those. It does appear that the issues are solved with some wrenching, and does not appear that anyone with a Vader had to fork over much, if any, money--that is why I mentioned it might be worth saving the $300 but expecting to do some work. I had felt bad a few months ago for pointing someone in the direction of Powersportsmax. They were selling the Vader for $800 or so, and with shipping, it was around $1k. I felt bad because it took forever for them to ship the bike to him, and the paperwork took longer. However, once he got it and was patiently waiting for the paperwork, he worked through the issues, eventually got the paperwork, and registered his bike. It seemed to take 2 months, but he was happy overall for only spending the grand and a little change, saving a couple hundred over the other member who ordered his Vader from Venom after the member who ordered his from Powersportsmax, got it, and was riding and had his registered. To each their own, but see what threads the member who had issues with his modified Lil' Monster had posted prior to his broken bike thread; he had some issues with his stock bike if I remember. I know you couldn't find the SSR via mail order, but if it is within your budget, that might be the bike to consider.

I know this dealer http://www.txpowersports.com/ssr_str...kull-125cc.htm has rubbed a few members wrong, but others have had no issues ordering from them, so buyer beware. Press 'update price' and the bike is offered for $1878 including shipping. Not sure if you are getting more value for $500+ more than the Vader or Ice Bear, but SSR has posted the video of the comparison test of the Razkull winning a four way shootout with brand name minis because, ironically, it had better value over the big brand bikes that cost much more.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Last edited by culcune; 05-25-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
It is interesting--Honda came out with the Grom, they became popular, then seemed like they were no longer popular, and then got popular, again. In the meantime, the Chinese caught on and started a cult following of these minis that are built in the same class as the Grom (minis).
My mc instructor said last year that Texas was replacing their training fleet of vstar 250's with groms. She didn't like the idea either.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #10

I think I may have decided to go in a different direction after a few days of research.

I think I may save up a bit longer and get the csc tt250 at the end of June when it is back in stock.

Im also looking at this thing (it looks awesome) but can't get an answer on when it'll be in the us. But it's scheduled to be this year.... http://americanlifan.com/motorcycles/kp-mini/

Old 05-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Have you looked through the Vader threads? My guess is the issues would be the same as those. It does appear that the issues are solved with some wrenching, and does not appear that anyone with a Vader had to fork over much, if any, money--that is why I mentioned it might be worth saving the $300 but expecting to do some work. I had felt bad a few months ago for pointing someone in the direction of Powersportsmax. They were selling the Vader for $800 or so, and with shipping, it was around $1k. I felt bad because it took forever for them to ship the bike to him, and the paperwork took longer. However, once he got it and was patiently waiting for the paperwork, he worked through the issues, eventually got the paperwork, and registered his bike. It seemed to take 2 months, but he was happy overall for only spending the grand and a little change, saving a couple hundred over the other member who ordered his Vader from Venom after the member who ordered his from Powersportsmax, got it, and was riding and had his registered. To each their own, but see what threads the member who had issues with his modified Lil' Monster had posted prior to his broken bike thread; he had some issues with his stock bike if I remember. I know you couldn't find the SSR via mail order, but if it is within your budget, that might be the bike to consider.

I know this dealer http://www.txpowersports.com/ssr_str...kull-125cc.htm has rubbed a few members wrong, but others have had no issues ordering from them, so buyer beware. Press 'update price' and the bike is offered for $1878 including shipping. Not sure if you are getting more value for $500+ more than the Vader or Ice Bear, but SSR has posted the video of the comparison test of the Razkull winning a four way shootout with brand name minis because, ironically, it had better value over the big brand bikes that cost much more.
Oh yea I've watched Vader videos on YouTube, watched reviews and read countless threads about the Vader. It's the same manufacturer for the x21. And the same chassis and engine... So I imagine the problems would be similar. That's one of the reasons I think I might go a different direction and spend a little more money as I said in my last post.

Csc tt250 is $2195 and ~ $2500 out the door and shipped to my house not in stock til end of June though.

The American Lifan 2017 kp mini is super duper exciting. Similar in size to the grom, but 25cc more plus 1 more gear than the grom. And that's only $1999 but no idea when/if it is even coming to the us. But it was planned to. Plus I'd have to find where to get one then too, same problem im having Curren with the razkull