Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2017, 01:39 AM   #1

New dedicated RX3 & Chinese Motorcycle Blog

Greetings friends!

I'm the author of a recently made blog that, as the title suggests is dedicated to the RX3 and Chinese motorcycles. Specifically shedding light on the Zongshen/CSC RX3 Cyclone as well as other Chinese motorcycles for the sake of providing potential owners with the information they need to make an informed decision. I want to help people understand what these motorcycles are, and are not capable of. In addition I’ll be covering topics for the current owner, to include: Tutorials, Articles, Reviews, Mods, and Trips/Events. One post at a time I’ll going to help eliminate the negative stigma surrounding these bikes.

The blog is in its infancy but I've gotten a lot of positive feedback so far. I've included a permanent link to Chinariders.net in the header of the site, because as far as I am concerned, this site IS the community, and rather than take away traffic from this site, I want to produce traffic. I've tried to contact a Mod about the proper place to post this thread, but having gotten no response, I decided it would be fine here. Mods, please move this if you need to! I'll be updating this thread each time I make a new post to the blog. I hope to see you all there!

https://thegreasyspanner.wordpress.com/

https://thegreasyspanner.wordpress.com

Old 02-06-2017, 02:47 AM   #2

Spanner, excellent! I read Joe's blog and I thought , is that that sea bee? Sure enough as I got into the article we got to meet you. I like the way you write and you make an easy flowing article . Funny enough, I was watching fox business last nite and they had the Oliver north-history of the seabees in ww2 on and I thought of you and your fellow Soldier engineers out in california. (Think bombs raining on you while your building Henderson field in the Philippines-this actually happend)

I did wonder why there weren't more participants on the ride, but just like yourself, everyone is busy from time to time and can't always make it I suppose.

Some day I hope to purchase the proposed rx4 and would hope to make it out to "THE PLANT". (Some like to call it the mothership, I prefer the former). I realized quickly how friendly and courteous everyone was in this click and that they were all quality people.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #3

Good evening everyone! Just here to let you know I have a new post up over at my blog! Did a ton of dirt riding with an RX3, 3 TT250's , and a KLR 650!

I hope you enjoy the read!

https://wordpress.com/post/thegreasy...dpress.com/264

https://thegreasyspanner.wordpress.com

Old 02-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #4

I know you won't be in the Ventura County area forever (maybe you will?), but these blogs are not helping me talk myself out of moving back to L.A. We would definitely meet up to ride, because I still remember places from 15+ years ago, or at least hope the places that didn't turn into vast housing tracts. Where I lived in the San Fernando Valley, my friends and I were riding in the hills up to the mid 90s; they are now covered in 1000's of homes and a large shopping center anchored by a Super Wal Mart. Not progress for me! Ventura County was able to remain more rural, and heading north there is Santa Barbara, which has also remained relatively rural. I hope you do some rides in your area in the next few weeks and months, as I believe it is well worth it.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-14-2017, 12:42 AM   #5

I wonder if you could take your blog in this direction, except for rx3. You could be basically be the first as far as I know as a aftermarket compatability parts site. Get together with Amazon ebay for known parts that fit rx3 and provide the link. It will generate a little revenue to keep the lights on. Just a thought. Enjoyed the rainy desert ride

http://hawk250.com/shop/all-products/
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #6

Nicely done, Spanner.