Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2016, 02:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Each (man or woman) had the courage and self esteem to surround themselves with persons who may have been brighter, better educated,had more expertise and/or more experience in a given field or more knowledge on a given issue
Good leaders pull their teams to victory, but great leaders are pushed by their teams to victory! (or something like that )

Let me tell you US fellow China riders, that your president election choices are not unique in their "doomness" at all. Even in my small and insignificant country on the "ass of the geography" as we say around here, we're constantly facing the choice of type, "Which of your legs do you want to get chopped off?". For heaven's sake, some years ago we had a former king elected for a prime minister. Yes, you read that right - the king that was exiled some 60-70 years ago when he was 8-9 years old, came back and won the elections and became a prime minister. So tell me about sheep and sheppards...

I'm not that old yet, but still I find myself more and more often to be thinking, "Please, stop the Earth for a moment! I want to get off..."

Old 05-26-2016, 10:02 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
The current American political landscape is a dismal pukefest. Starting with the foreign pretender currently defiling the White House up to and including the line up of clowns being presented as our choices. Throw in the career dickweeds polluting the capitol and what we have is the accelerated continuation of the decay of a once grand nation. Everything from forced political correctness determined by the minority to the Affordable Care Act that is nothing more than a shit-scam from hell to a fictitious ammo shortage and on and on and on.... All crammed down our throats by narcissistic asswipes with a single mindedness determination of self glory and enrichment. We have severe problems in this country and some of these morons wanna talk about capping the coal mines and moving us more and more into clean energy.... Powered by what??? Unicorn hair, rainbow power and good intentions?????? I've not determined who I will vote for. Hell I might leave that portion of my ballot unpunched....piss on 'em
Just a thought, if neither Rep nor Dem candidates incite a vote from you vote 3rd party just to get them some attention. I don't believe the ammo conspiracy stuff, but the rest of what you say; yup.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:03 AM   #18

Very well said Seer.
Since we are allowed to speak our mind here in this section,
let me give you my own thoughts from a Young man ( 40 ).
And this is my opinion, but one I 100% fully believe in.
We as a nation are screwed.
No matter who is elected. We are screwed.
No matter what Trump or Clinton or Bubba T. McBillybob TRYS
to do to UNdo this mess we are in, , , we are screwed.
I do not thing this government will completely implode in my lifetime.
I HOPE not. But things are bad, and will only get worse.
My son, who turns 20 in June, his old age days are iffy at best.
I tried to explain to him how things are so bad, and that he should
NOT have any children, no since in putting another human life into
this turmoil. He agreed. My family line dies with him. And so be it.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart. With all your strength
With all your sole. With all your mind. And love your neighbor.
The rest, , , , , will come to an end soon enough.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #19

I guess I'm in the minority here. Being a poli sci major in college, a chronic political junky and having political aspirations in my younger years (until I found out I wasn't near filthy enough), I find this election cycle to be the best and most exciting I've watched in at least 2 decades and I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

The excitement of giving the Establishment in both parties a kick in the ass this time around is refreshing as hell and the perfect example of Democracy-at-it's-best.
For once, the silent majority in both parties, (examples being both Trump and Bernie) having a voice and rattling lots of cages (read entrenched Establishment figures) is cool to me.

As proof: On the Rep side, Jeb spending zillions and getting his ass handed to him and also, if it wasn't for the Super Delegates on the Dem side already being bought by Hillary, Bernie would have a real shot. It's the system at work, folks. To me it's cool.
I tune in daily and have been since before the first vote was cast early in the year.

Let's just keep in mind one thing here folks, there's two reasons why friends don't talk either politics or religion:

1- Both are deeply engrained beliefs. You won't change anyone's mind, just alienate them.
2- Odds are, if you insult someone by telling them they're stupid for voting/worshiping a certain way, odds are in most cases, you're also insulting that persons parents and grandparents.

We're all friends here.............

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #20

Am I the only left wing pot smoking long haired bearded geezer on this forum?

Bernie is the only respectable candidate in the race but my vote goes to Hillary in the general assuming Bernie is out. I'd vote for anyone who is not a Republican.

Obama has been an absolutely great president compared to the last Republican who's name must never be mentioned by Republicans.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #21

hear hear 2LZ ! bikes and the love of them overrule political nonsense. And regarding Mudflap's comments - I don't care anyone's personal political beliefs or affiliation. I care only that you have asphalt sliding under you ass and wind in your face......adventure in the saddle is our common ground and now-a-days that counts more for me than life's distractions And by saddle I mean the bike's seat ... just wanna make sure Ron and BlackBike's minds are out of the gutter

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #22

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasi_BG View Post
Good leaders pull their teams to victory, but great leaders are pushed by their teams to victory! (or something like that )

Let me tell you US fellow China riders, that your president election choices are not unique in their "doomness" at all. Even in my small and insignificant country on the "ass of the geography" as we say around here, we're constantly facing the choice of type, "Which of your legs do you want to get chopped off?". For heaven's sake, some years ago we had a former king elected for a prime minister. Yes, you read that right - the king that was exiled some 60-70 years ago when he was 8-9 years old, came back and won the elections and became a prime minister. So tell me about sheep and sheppards...

I'm not that old yet, but still I find myself more and more often to be thinking, "Please, stop the Earth for a moment! I want to get off..."
Krasi, on the advice of one of the most respected diplomatic minds of the time, I took a mcycle trip through Bulgaria a looong time ago to try and get a sense of your people and why the Turks hate you so much. I don't know whether its something in the food (xcellent) or what you drink (will knock your putter stiff!!!), I was impressed! because In addition to the simple yet elegant beauty of your countryside, you Bulgars are scary TOUGH, and apparently have been, for a few thousand years now
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Am I the only left wing pot smoking long haired bearded geezer on this forum?

Bernie is the only respectable candidate in the race but my vote goes to Hillary in the general assuming Bernie is out. I'd vote for anyone who is not a Republican.

Obama has been an absolutely great president compared to the last Republican who's name must never be mentioned by Republicans.
So why not vote door #3?

I will not vote dumb or dumber in, I will vote #3 dumbest. That is my policy.

The R's said they would do this, then didn't, the D's are the same. The "elite" vs the "workin man".

The constitution was written for me, you and the regular guy. The elites have twisted it and ignored it and usurped it.
Be a Piggy!

Old 05-27-2016, 02:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
you Bulgars are scary TOUGH, and apparently have been, for a few thousand years now
Nah, these are mostly legends these days. We're tough complainers, though. We always see the glass half empty

Old 05-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #25

I was a military chopper pilot for five years, SeerAtlas. I see that we gleaned a lot of the same things from aviation and shipboard life.
Flying taught me:
-1 As you said, fly the thing first.
-2 You need to be able to do about five things at once to be a successful pilot.
-3 Managers/commanders will always push the boundaries of my abilities, aircraft readiness and weather conditions for the benefit of their careers. Saying "uncle", when necessary, is embarrassing, but has preserved the lives of my passengers and crew.
-4 Always follow rule number 1. One of my former flight instructors air-taxied into a huge wind sock, as he was explaining something important to a student, destroying the chopper.
**Things are crazy in this country and the world, but I try to learn from the attitude of some great NFL quarterbacks like Joe Montana and John Elway. Despite the dire conditions, I must focus on finding a way to win, or have the most positive outcome. I truly believe that we can have a great economy and still preserve the rights and dignity of all.
I crave leadership and character from our next president, above party affiliation. I may go hungry for a while.