Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2015, 08:38 AM   #1

Begining to despise shopping on Amazon

First was a set of Jeep fenders and hood. Right fenders wrong hood...by 30 years..
Dent in one fender real bad. Sent a new fender but wrong year again by about 30 years.

Took forever to get that sorted out.

Next a high dollar Purse for wife for anniversary. Came 5 weeks late ordered 4 weeks before hand.

And lastly some new tires for the Chinese Honda ct70 clone. Ordered Michelin boopers.
Some junk mismatched dirt knobby Chinese tires showed up last night. So no new tires for ct70 clone for July4 weekend riding...

When will I ever learn?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #2

this is a great site for parts. Check it out. I buy there all the time

http://www.outsidedistributing.com/default.asp

Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #3

Amazon stocks a tremendous amount of parts, but sometimes they simply act as a portal between buyer and seller. Were you buying your items directly from Amazon, or from other sellers?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #4

And you definitely can't trust the Amazon parts finder app. You have to verify fitment of every part yourself.

/

Old 07-02-2015, 08:26 AM   #5

With the jeep fenders I used the manufacturer's part#s but still received the incorrect fenders and hood and they had completely different part#s Than what I ordered.

I think they just grab whatever and say the order is complete.

I'm getting the run around with the tires right now. They try to drag it out last the return date.

Takes reversing the charges through my credit card company for some of them to wise up.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #6

The last few times I got items from amazon themselves there was no or little packing in box! One was a camera I ordered for a birthday present that came in wrong color, I sent it back and had to buy locally due to the time frame. Looked as if the packers just dont give a crap/

Old 07-03-2015, 01:42 AM   #7

I had to file a grievance in order for the company to actually reply to me after what 5 days?

I just told them so send a tag and take them back and reimburse me. I just got some pirellis local..

Should have done that anyway..

Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #8

My experience with Amazon has been a 180 from yours. I've had a few bumps but they always made it right.

And +1 to what Adjuster said about fit. I've gotten wiper blades that were supposed to fit my wifes' Audi that were too short, but did fit my truck, so I didn't care all that much. I do have a pair front pads, though, for a Jeep Liberty that do not fit my Wrangler. I keep them on my parts shelf as a reminder to double check before I order.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts