Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #16

Nice work with the body repair. I have done similar, but used plastic zip-ties after a deer knocked me off my bike. I put the same number of stitches in the body work as the doctor put in my knee...

Old 12-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #17

Oil Pump Removal

Hi there, great pictures and instructions. My clutch is also fried and I have just started to pull it apart. I have removed the cover and am now stuck. I need to remove the oil pump to get to the rest of the clutch. I removed the three screws of the oil pump cover but don't know how to remove the rest of the oil pump. Can you tell me how to remove it? Is there a tool that I need to insert into it or do I just try to unscrew it? If so is it clockwise or anti-clockwise to remove it? Also to remove the clutch once the oil pump is removed do I just unscrew the 6 screws in the middle? Thank you.[/img]

Old 12-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #18

do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

Old 12-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
remove the 3 screw bolts on the right from the pump cover and remove cover then remove the 6 bolts ect to get to the plates to change them (clean everything very well)

Old 12-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #20

Clutch and Oil Pump

Hi there, I have removed the 3 screws, but how do I remove the small circle (oil pump)? Here is the picture of what I am up to. Thanks for your help.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #21

You need a tool like this: Chinese ATV dirtbike clutch tool spanner large It works best with an impact wrench, and it will turn counter-clockwise. You'll need the same tool for the clutch nut; the nut is located behind the bearing.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #22

hmmmm thats odd because I just pulled on mine and it came out...then removed the 6 bolts and plate as well as springs and swapped out the plates

reversed the procedure to put it back together.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #23

wait no i was wrong......if you look at the pic of my clean parts you will see the "C" clip that holds the piece in place on the shaft (forgot about that)

Old 12-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #24

Clutch and Oil Pump

Hi there, thank you for your reply. I see the c clip, i have circled your photo in green but where does the part next to it come from, i have circled that in red? Thanks.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #25

no sorry my bad again .....i believe that the piece that you want to remove in order to take out your plates is just sitting there once you have removed the cover with the 3 screw bolts you just pull on it and it will come off .... if i remember right there is a nipple inside the cover that sits up against the spring on the cap with the 3 screw bolts to hold it in place.

try pulling on it ....it should just slide off its mount.

weld chime in here if i am wrong please.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #26

Clutch

hey there,

I am rebuilding my Zongshen 250cc engine but I can't get that things next to clutch of on the right side. I was wondering if someone knows if it's right or left wire? I have a special tool with four tooth to remove it but It seems to be stuck and I don't know to wich side I need to turn to let it come of.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #27

Do you mean the centrifugal oil pump? If so, the thread is conventional right hand.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #28

You'll need to find a way to hold the clutch and crank; that is often done by inserting a wood wedge or a piece of soft copper between the gears.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #29

Last edited by humanbeing; 08-17-2016 at 03:26 AM.