Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #1

250 zong fuel problems

so because I have to wait till Tuesday or Wednesday for the bearings and seals for the old 150 I decided to put my time into the other 3 atv's. Kellys new 150 all good to go for next weekend. Jacobs 200 chain seems to be smaller than what I thought so will have to get him a new chain tomorrow but carb installed and brakes fixed just need a new chain and that is ready to go.
then it came down to my 250......starts fine again and still have the problem that I had before with not wanting to rev up but dies like it is starving for fuel again.
check the filter this time and yup full of crap again...wtf?
pull the gas cap off to find mud and dirty water under it.
so now it is very clear that the tube that runs from the top of the tank

(the small one at the top)

through and out the bottom to expel any water and such was plugged right through because the original rubber tube that is attached to the drain tube was smaller in diameter than the outlet itself.

after using a metal coat hanger (the swirl end when you unwrap it) like a drill with a hose to blast out debris for 1/2 hr I finally managed to break through and now have a clear tube for water ect.

so now a new filter and some fresh fuel and hopefully that will solve the issue with not wanting to run.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #2

would have been a great time to do the valves eh weld? lol

Old 10-14-2014, 01:20 AM   #3

Good bit of troubleshooting. I don't think I have a tube like that on my Beast.

Yes, the valves would have been easy to set. Have we done yours before?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-14-2014, 05:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Good bit of troubleshooting. I don't think I have a tube like that on my Beast.

Yes, the valves would have been easy to set. Have we done yours before?
no we haven't and it does need to be done but can save that for another weekend. it was easy to remove the front of the body and tank.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #5

Any progress on your Polaris?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Any progress on your Polaris?
have been too busy with life in general to worry about it right now.....4 other atv's to look after lol

Old 10-22-2014, 10:35 AM   #7

well after taking the Zong for a good mud bath this past weekend it is obvious that the plugged drain hole at the top of the tank was the problem all the time ......never had any problems with the enging not running right due to debris and water in the tank. will be checking this every ride to make sure that nothing has plugged it.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #8

That's good news! How was the ride?