Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #17

Update on My Hisun GY200-5......

After 3-4 carbs and multiple jettings (even put new Mikuni on it) bike still started hard and coughed and spit. Replaced Stator and pulled flywheel to verify woodruff key didn't "shear" but no improvement. Two new CDI's and a new coil and still ran like garbage. Valve lash is perfect and even checked them cold and hot just to be safe. New fuel and multiple spark plugs. Did a point to point on wiring and all grounds are perfect on Ohm's. Compression is right on the money. The bottom line is that this bike has an OMEN in it and I am giving up on it. Enough is enough! I finally posted on Craigslist and indicated it's a tremendous buy (only 261 miles) if You have a little knowledge with engines. My friend is a motorcycle mechanic and He looked at it and concluded that the problem is internal. The valve timing is right on the money. The final decision was to either replace the darn engine or get rid of bike. I chose the latter. So thanks for all the help and feedback but as I said: "Enough is Enough!" jerryfaxman

Tags
help!