Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #1

Yet another Vibration Thread

I've read the various vibration topics here and reviewed some of the suggestions. Mine seems to be a balance problem. It's an '06 200 GY-2.
There are no loose or broken parts nor is there any play between components that I can find. It didn't vibrate so horribly when I first got it but as I continue to run it in the vibration is disturbing. At 40 mph or so the engine feels as if it's going to shake itself apart. It's in the engine because I can disengage the clutch and it stops at any speed. I'm not worried about discmfort, but this doesn't seem healthy for the poor little monocylinder engine...I have a 400 ex, and it doesn't do this. I am really concerned about this thing shaking itself apart, any clues as to the actual cause?

Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #2

Mine did the same thing - pull in the clutch and it was smooth (you could actually see what was behind you in the mirror).

I bet you it is the engine, but there's nothing wrong with it. I bet you it's the engine bolts. Please try what I just did, let it sit for a few days and then take it for a spin.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 AM   #3

I had the same problem too.

I found that the engine mountingplates where not 100% tight. After tightning them, vibrations dropped by 50% or so.

The engine gets better the more miles you put one it. Mine has done over 2000 miles and vibration is not an issue anymore.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #4

For me, it was the tranny. I replaced the engine under warranty and now the vibration is gone.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #5

What little vibration is left inb mine I believe is engine/mounts related. It is tolerable now. It took about 400 miles to get there.

Allen

Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #6

I noticed a crap load of vibration yesterday but assumed that it was just because it was my lifan and not the kawasaki vulcan (smooth) that I had been on all weekend, then I got home and noticed the motor mount bolt broken again. Also, my battery tray was missing both bolts and rattling around.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #7

You guys really have to check/fix those engine bolts because once the engine lossens up you are just asking for disaster.

A loose engine is more serious than just an annoying rattle it could easily cause your chain to slack up enough to pile into the engine case and possibly lock the rear wheel.
At speed on the road this would be bad even if you dont crash you would most likely break the engine case.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #8

i loosened all engine mount bolts and then retightened them helped out a bunch

Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 PM   #9

I have checked all of my bolts and the are tight and not broken. I do plan to replace them with grade 8 hardware eventually. A valve adjustment is in order soon and I will probably need to remove a few to do that.

Allen

Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
You guys really have to check/fix those engine bolts because once the engine lossens up you are just asking for disaster.

A loose engine is more serious than just an annoying rattle it could easily cause your chain to slack up enough to pile into the engine case and possibly lock the rear wheel.
At speed on the road this would be bad even if you dont crash you would most likely break the engine case.
:P It was fine when I left, broke on the ride some time... It is only the one that seems top break all the others seem fine, but I will fins them all properly one time....