Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #1

New to chinese dirt bikes, have a few questions.

Last week I picked up 3 chinese dirt bikes for my kids. 2 - 125cc and 1- 110cc, all for $390. All 2005's and 4 strokes and all run, but do need a little TLC to be ready to ride. All are kickstart and have a normal manual clutch.

From everything I've read these are Honda clones that are considered a horizontal engine.

1. Do I need to know more about the engine other than what I've already given or will any Honda or chinese parts work?

2. As for clutch parts are all 50, 70, 90, 110 and 125's the same?

3. My 7 year old can't quite reach the ground on them, can the height be adjusted other than putting smaller tires on it?

4. I've downloaded a Honda CT90 service manual, is this the BEST manual for torque specs, teardown info.....? Also found this website with an online C90 manual:
http://www.carlsalter.com/honda-c90-...-html/001.html

Lets start with these questions for now, any help is much appreciated. THANK YOU!!!

[/img]

Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #2

Welcome!

I can address a few questions for you.

Some parts interchange between Honda and China stuff, but you have to be specific about what you're asking about. An excellent source is www.dratv.com . You can find hours worth of entertainment there.

Yes, I think that the clutches are the same, despite engine size. You already said that they all have manual clutches, so I think the only possible difference could be the primary tooth count.

Does the rear shock have a provision for adjustment? If you put it on the softest setting, perhaps it will sag a bit for him. If not, perhaps you can find a China 50 that doesn't run and swap the motor in. You can always swap it back into the existing frame when he gets taller.

Not sure on which manual would be best. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #3

I would use an xr50 manual. Most of the China horizontals are based of the 50/70cc honda engine. The 90cc honda is similar, but has some different mounting points.

I think the clutches are all the same. Most parts interchange. You may be able to find a shorter rear shock and drop the fork tubes in the triple clamps to lower the bike.

Allen

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #4

So the XR50 is the best manual for my 110 and 125's? I'm thinking of just purchasing a paper manual and want to make sure I get the correct one.

I've searched and searched for a downloadable copy of the SERVICE MANUAL, but it just doesn't seem to exist, so before I buy one I want to make sure. On eBay there are Clymer, Haynes and "Honda" 2000-2003 service manual. All for about $20, any suggestions?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #5

Yes. The crf50/xr50 manual will be good for the engine.

If you like videos there is alot of good info here that relates well to the chinese horizontals.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexManVideos