Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
Pulled the Trigger today...

After wasting many hours trolling through these forums, and searching online. I finally said "enough" and bought a VX200S from www.atvsimports.com for $949 shipped. I figured...buying a china bike is a risk no matter where you get it from or what kind you get. So I might as well get the least expensive one. I called them at thier 800 number and ordered it. I ordered from Avi, he seemed decent, I brought it up about 3 times how I live in Wisconsin and want to get it titled. He assured me it would be fine. The website only lists Red, Green, Yellow for colors but I told Avi I wanted Blue or Black. He said OK. Ordered with my VISA card. I will keep you all posted on how it all goes. Website says their EPA and DOT approved. I'm assuming its not a Roketa because those aren't approved. Any comments from you guys would be great. VIVA seems like decent people, very buisy and hard working. I know they got a complaint on here about a cruiser, but I haven't heard any problems from thier dual-sport bikes.

Thanks
Jake

Old 05-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Welcome to the site! C'mon now, you weren't WASTING your time looking through all these threads! LOL

I'll be curious to hear how things turn out. It still looks like a Roketa Terminator to me...but the atvsimports site is full of errors/omissions (Even when I got my bike from them...I still wasn't sure what I was gonna get). At this point, I wouldn't trust any pic or description on their site.

"I figured...buying a china bike is a risk no matter where you get it from or what kind you get." That's EXACTLY how I felt when I finally ordered mine. No B&M dealers around here!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #3

I have a B&M dealer for Lifan and UM nearby. I was quoted $2295 before TTL for a Lifan LF200. Thats a little too much for me, its a small place, who's to say they'll even be around in a year or two. If I was going to invest that much I'd go get a new Yamaha XT225 for $3999 OTD. Call me an ass, but thats just my logic.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
I hear ya' on that too...I was just lucky that the bike that first really caught my eye (which is the black version of the one I have), and that has the features I wanted, was also one of the least expensive. No way I could sink $2K into one of these right now! And yes, then you are getting into the range of a big-4 bike.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
I think there add it flaky. I would want to know witch motor I was geting. the closeeup is a OHC motor but the one on the bike is a OHV. all I know is we still love owr Vivas.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #6

I wonder if I could get this street legal? Load up the car seats and go for a cruise. LOL

Looks like they're "in bed" with Viva.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 AM   #7

I wonder if those shiny 4 lug wheels would fit on my civic?