Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ
I just spent the last 10 minutes 'sculpting' this awesome reply.....and my PC decided to eat it when I went to post! GRRRRRRRR!!! :x :evil:

Trust me....I've taken a ton of heat for the 4 CB's I've had.

Nothing new though. Try riding an old HD chopper for 15+ years and then pull up to your haunt on a brand new Victory. 8O You'd swear the Earth stopped spinning. I took crap for YEARS for that.
Believe me, I get the 'something different' thing, Spud.

No biggy. Ride on. 8)
Even all the years I had a Harley it was just a bike to me. I was never wanting to be a part of a culture or ahve all these 'brothers' in Harleydom.

That's why I go to church, not a motorcycle dealership.

Bikes are bikes. I likle them all. I grade them on performance in their particular area. Looks, cache, and all don't matter to me. I care more about value, ability, longevity.

I wave to ALL other bikers. I could give a rat's arse what they ride.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
I agree, Jim. I don't care if others like my Zong; I only care that I like it. Not only is my Zong a great little motorcycle, I really enjoy owning something different from others.

Spud
We sure do like your little Zong around here, Brother Spud.

I bet it would be a minority of Japanese 200's that would go 40,000 plus miles and do everything your Zong has done for you.

If people want to pay much more for a TW over a Zong or a DR200SE over a Q they are allowed, it's a free country, but I will accept no grief for doing the same.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #33

Brand loyalty is a funny thing. I can remember not ever considering a Japanese car over a US model, but now a good number of US vehicles are made with Japanese or other Asian parts.

In the bike world, we only have Harley and Polaris in North America; most of the quality options come from Japan. I refuse to take heat over buying a Chinese bike over a Japanese bike, especially considering there aren't any US options for the dirt. It's up to me to decide which Asian country gets my dollar.

We're all well aware that the Japanese copied the US and Brit bikes in the seventies, and now the Chinese are copying the Japanese. Payback is a bummer.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer