Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #1

Lifan KPX250 Supermoto Conversion

Okay, love this bike! Couldn't drive it on the stock dual sport tires.. was hope and pray. Unstable at any speed. My previous skills were a wreck. SOOO.. I put on Street tires with the LEAST Knobs I could find of the stock 90/90-21 and 120/90/18. Shinko 712 and a shinko 777. Wowie!! What A Difference!! Confidence/stability/smoothness return! The DS tires are total trash on the street (IMO)! OKAY next step. Supermoto Tires. What the standard 3.5/4.25 width 17" WHEELS? Whatever fits..

Has anybody figured out which tubless (prefer) cast supermoto wheels fit the KPX250? Presumeably a honda something? Lifan did clones of honda engines back in the day? Don't want to get new rotors or sprockets or change bearings/spacers if possible.

Thanks for any information. The Stock wheels w/street tires is superb, kinda slow to lean. Great bike.. break it in.. and power improves substantially after a couple hundred miles. I diddled the EFI idle screw to raise the idle speed a tad.. more torque at idle while still a great idle. No slipping clutch for SloMo. Full Lock firgure 8's now within' reach.