Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion

Old 01-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Back to the pics...

This is exactly what I would like to build:

After my ride home the other day with a fully compressed shock, Any motorcycle I ride will have to have SOME suspention.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #347

That bobber has suspension. Two little coil springs right under the seat.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
My Dad just sent this to me.

He wrote.
Back in June 1961..... ...........I left the home Nov 27th for US ARMY basic training; and advanced training; and after being gone for 6 months, I returned home for a visit. Shari was a Junior in high school. The car was my first car, 1956 Ford. While I was gone in the Army; my father Gus did some drag racing with this car. Many people did not no this car could out run many patrol cars.....I bought an engine out of a 1959 Iowa High Patrol car that was in the Sanborn IA salvage yard. My friend and I skipped school one day, went an purchase the engine. And skipped another day to do the engine swap. This car also was entered in the Sioux City IA drag racing.....And it woul outrun many Chevs. I sold the car at Ft Bliss..... to someone who wanted it for racing on a race track......the first he race.....he totaled it.
That is a wonderful photograph, Allen; thank you for sharing it with us.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Usually that POS rodent gives nothing but bad news.
Don't shoot the messenger! Punxsutawney Phil resides in the Punxsutawney Public Library; he travels several miles to Gobbler's Knob to make his annual prognostication.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #350

FastDoc.....the shrinks have tried to crack the code to my thoughts many times with no prevail. Probably just as well, there's nothing upstairs except an empty beer can, a couple ole magazines (you decide) thoughts of my friends and family, and the rest is just a void space..... Just kidding!

Back on motorcycles. Long story below,

Anyway, after getting a divorce several years back I ended up in an apartment (actually had more sq ft then my house I live in now). They didn't share my love of motorcycles because I kept them inside the apartment. Pic below is an 03 Buell. It was only about a year old when a guy backed into it and tipped it over. At first I thought that only the handle bar and and brake lever got damaged, plus there was a little scuff on the exhaust header. No big deal I thought, so I didn't turn it over to insurance. They guy bought me a new bar and brake lever and everything was cool, so I thought. Well about a month later I rode down to Big Bend National Park in SW Texas. From Big Bend to Alpine Texas it's about 100 miles of nothing so I opened it up and was cruising at a pretty good clip. Normaly, I could get about 110 miles on a tank crusing at a brisk speed. I had only gone 60 miles and the fuel light went on, plus I noticed it was running pretty poor. I pulled over to check the bike out. When running it was pouring out black smoke. Got a closer look and the header was barely holding on to the front head. One of the bolts was broken off and part of the head was cracked allowing fresh air to be rammed in there at high speeds.....consequently causing the oxygen sensor to think that the bike was running lean and therefore dumping fuel as quick as it could into the engine......causing the black smoke and severe fuel consumption. My guess is that when the bike got tipped over, the header pipe took most of the brunt and cracked at the head. Like I said from first site it looked like the pipe just got a little scuff. Anyway, I got a new head, and overhauled the top of the engine. The apartment manager wasn't to thrilled I was doing this inside the apartment, however I didn't get one stain on the carpet.
[/img]

Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #351

I love that there's an engine stand next to the bike. I'm guessing that the Buell wasn't your only apartment violation.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I love that there's an engine stand next to the bike. I'm guessing that the Buell wasn't your only apartment violation.
Well, they didn't have a garage......what's a guy to do?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #353

LOL!

You put paper down, what more do they want? :P

100 years ago when I was in college, Hurricaine Andrew ripped through the state. We pulled our motorcycles into the ground level college housing apartment. 8)

All was good until someone started and revved one the next AM when we were all trying to sleep off the effects of the prior night's Hurricaine Andrew party.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #354

/\ /\ /\

Why would anybody have a problem with that????? 8)

Old 01-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #355

Not sure what this is, saw it in Arequipa

Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #356

I like the split fold down windshield......or at least it looks like it does that. It would be kinda cool to lay the passenger side down while driving.

I would have to do something about the 80's chevy or ford headlight assembly....or at least black it out.

Cool pic.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #357

A restaurant view in Tofino, BC in early 2009. I love the West coast.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #358

Excelent view. I love the water.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #359

Beautiful picture. Reminds me of Friday Harbor, one of my favorite fly in destinations, in the San Juan Islands.

I like the military truck too! I've always wanted a WWII or Korean War vintage military Jeep.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #360

Here's a fun video clip from Cannonball Run featuring an airplane similar to mine. Note the amazing landing and takeoff performance.