Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 10-21-2024, 09:25 PM   #1

X-Pro Paladin 300 Resource Guide

Engine oil capacity:

Drain bolt socket size: 17mm
Drain bolt thread pitch: M12x1.5
Drain bolt torque: 13.2 ft-lbs
Engine oil filler cap: M20x2.5

These pictures were taken after running it and sitting. I recommend you just use 1.3L when doing an oil change.

Spark plug gap: 0.6~0.7mm
Spark plug: Torch B8RC (it is a huge pain in the ass to remove, change out for iridium type) (cr8eix)

Engine idle speed: 1500±150r/min

Front Axle diameter: 22mm
Rear Axle diameter:

Fork air bleeder screw: M5-.80

Chain: Standard 520 (No O-rings)

Front Sprocket: 14 tooth

Rear Sprocket: 51 tooth (Aluminum 7076)

If your crankcase breather tube is kinked you need to shorten it. Located on the rear of the engine case, the tube leads up into the air box.

Last edited by Mumen Rider; Yesterday at 07:00 PM.

Old 10-23-2024, 12:26 PM   #2

Wow..XPro is upping their game!

I have checked out the specs on this bike and I’m thoroughly impressed. If the specs are even close, power-wise, it would be difficult to justify the purchase of a CRF300L/Rally or a KLX300. The assembly video on YouTube really showcased the quality of the hardware on this affordable machine.

Old 10-23-2024, 02:33 PM   #3

I agree with you Dusman, I am still in the process of assembling mine but so far all of the hardware has been quality. The majority of bolts that I have seen so far are all marked "8.8". A bunch of water proof electrical connectors are used on the harness unlike other X-Pro models.

It's got an aluminum subframe that's removable and replaceable, that's something the KLX300 and the CRF300L don't have. Aluminum radiator guards, another thing the KLX300/CRF300L don't have. An aluminum brush guard from the factory. All those things I had to buy aftermarket when I owned a KLX250SF.

Front Axle Reminder: If you are assembling your Paladin 300 and the front axle refuses to go in completely the last inch or so, DON'T grab a hammer and start banging on it. Stick your finger into the spacer and line it up with the axle spacer that is inside of the front wheel, then seat your axle spacer completely in the wheel. The axle will slide in with no problem after that.

The assembly video doesn't show that, they just expect you to know and if this is your first time you probably won't.

Old 10-24-2024, 02:49 PM   #4

You'll need to disconnect some wiring to pull the spark plug boot and cap off. Let the slack out of the coil wire(right hand side) so you can move it around in order to pull the boot off from the left hand side. It is not physically possible to pull it from the right hand side.

The spark plug wire is glued into the spark plug cap(even though it's a screw on type). If you cut the coil wire like I did to make it easier, you'll be spending even more time pulling the wire out of the boot terminal.

You'll need a 16mm socket to remove the spark plug.

Old 10-25-2024, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post

Front Axle Reminder: If you are assembling your Paladin 300 and the front axle refuses to go in completely the last inch or so, DON'T grab a hammer and start banging on it. Stick your finger into the spacer and line it up with the axle spacer that is inside of the front wheel, then seat your axle spacer completely in the wheel. The axle will slide in with no problem after that.

The assembly video doesn't show that, they just expect you to know and if this is your first time you probably won't.

Wish I knew that before I did exactly what you said. Lol.

Old 10-25-2024, 01:05 PM   #6

My Paladin has been consistently idling at 2k. What do you think could be causing this?

Old 10-25-2024, 01:07 PM   #7

And it just turned itself off while I had it warming up in the garage. Somethings up with it.

Old 10-25-2024, 03:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBrewTow View Post
Wish I knew that before I did exactly what you said. Lol.

It happens, I am sure you won't be the last person. If the inner spacer wasn't so loose and actually seated against the bearing I don't think it would be so difficult.

Quote:
My Paladin has been consistently idling at 2k. What do you think could be causing this?

I don't know too much about the EFI system on these bikes yet but I have been doing a lot of research and reading the last couple of days. 2k idle RPM seems to be normal, I am basing this off of the 2022+ GPX bikes that use the same EFI system.

Quote:
And it just turned itself off while I had it warming up in the garage. Somethings up with it.

Check all of your connections, the green wire on the bottom of my ignition coil was loose. You would have to remove the tank to access that.

Make sure your voltage regulator isn't getting too hot, anything over 140f is no-go. It's located on the left hand radiator that has the overflow bottle mounted to it.

Old 10-25-2024, 07:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post
Make sure your voltage regulator isn't getting too hot, anything over 140f is no-go. It's located on the left hand radiator that has the overflow bottle mounted to it.
I noticed this reg/rec mount and was aghast! Really? Behind the radiator where it will experience HEAT? After initial testing, I think I will find an alternative place for it. Gee this is dumb.