Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #1

My 2020 Boom Vader lost 4th gear today

Does anybody have a link to the gears and case gaskets for the 2020 boom vader? My bike lost 4th gear today doing 60 on the highway. It's my daily and I doordash on it and it's my only income so now I can't work until I find the parts and fix it. Please let me know if yall have any link for the gears and gaskets. I've put 10k+ miles on this thing in the last year and a half and I've fixed and replaced and upgraded everything on it including a new gas tank today after dealing with a year of it leaking. Thanks for real I need help yall.

Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM   #2

With that mileage I wouldn’t bother doing the tranny ,a brand new engine is pretty cheap and can be swapped in an hour or two .You can even upgrade to a bigger engine if you wish .

Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #3

Try reaching out to Pete at Kronik Racing he is the Boom Vader guru

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
With that mileage I wouldn’t bother doing the tranny ,a brand new engine is pretty cheap and can be swapped in an hour or two .You can even upgrade to a bigger engine if you wish .
I will swap when I can, but right now I can't afford to, I need the gears so I can go back to work.

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Try reaching out to Pete at Kronik Racing he is the Boom Vader guru
Thank you, I will.

Old Today, 12:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueOfFear View Post
I will swap when I can, but right now I can't afford to, I need the gears so I can go back to work.
Time wise, a new engine is going to be quickest, and money wise, a new engine costs $200-300 or so, depending on where you buy them.

If you rebuild your transmission, it'll take lots of difficulty possibility of things going wrong, and time.
In the 2+ days you'll probably need to fix this, you can install the new engine and be earning. Don't tell me you can't make $100 a day.
And a new engine will last you a lot longer than a rebuilt transmission.

Old Today, 01:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Time wise, a new engine is going to be quickest, and money wise, a new engine costs $200-300 or so, depending on where you buy them.

If you rebuild your transmission, it'll take lots of difficulty possibility of things going wrong, and time.
In the 2+ days you'll probably need to fix this, you can install the new engine and be earning. Don't tell me you can't make $100 a day.
And a new engine will last you a lot longer than a rebuilt transmission.
I understand that and I'd buy a whole new engine. I have several of them in my amazon cart, at least one for each bike I own. I just paid all my bills so I have 100bucks to work with and a couple days to cool down and fix the bike up. I can make a hundred a day when I have all 4 gears, but I live in a rural town and the back roads to get to town are 60mph which I can't do in 3rd gear. I'll get out there tomorrow and try my hardest but I still need to know which gear set because I'm gonna crack the case open to see what broke and I bet I can fix it.

Old Today, 07:43 AM   #8

Any chance of changing your sprockets so that 3rd gear becomes like 4th gear?
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle. Nope, finally retired.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old Today, 07:49 AM   #9

Over 10k miles on a Chinese pit bike engine and the tranny shit the bed ,if you tore it apart you might be able to fix the actual gear problem easy enough instead of replacing everything ,but financially and time wise it’s an unwise decision .You have already got more than the expected life out of that engine ,everything is now worn out and if tranny metal went through it and made it even worse ,you would need to replace everything to make it reliable again .
For $100.00 ,find a usable used engine ,and get one of those new engines out of your cart and into your hands asap .

Old Today, 10:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Any chance of changing your sprockets so that 3rd gear becomes like 4th gear?
I have 17/30 setup and 3rd gear gets it up to almost 50 but that's in the red line. I'd have to go up to 18 or 19 on the front bc there's no smaller rear that I know of. I had a 16 on the front when 4th gave out but I switched it back to the 17 bc I know that will stretch 3rd gear out to go faster.

Old Today, 11:53 AM   #11

What are the symptoms? Could be something simple like the shift drum indexer.

Tags
2020, boom vader, gaskets, gears