Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2023, 11:53 AM   #14

The last 2 bikes, that I have bought have both been used, but each with almost no miles CG type Chinese Dual Sports, and I paid $1,900 total for both. $1,300 for a titled 2021, TBR7D ( was just a few months old at the time, showings 425 on the odometer,and had 42/17 sprockets, and rejetted carb), and $600 for a 2016 Hawk, that I bought last December, and it was showing around 100 on the odometer, if I remember right, it had sat in a storage container for years, and had only been used on the people's property, but it already had a VM26, and folding shifter on it. The front tire was pretty much flat, but it's not given me any trouble since I pumped it up. I put fresh gas in it, after getting home with it, and it wasn't too hard to kick start, but the clutch would not release. I got the clutch releasing within minutes by pulling the lever, with the bike in gear giving the bike hard sharp pushes forward, almost like rocking a car back, and forth to get it going in the snow. I have rode the bike enough to confidently say that my clutch is fine. That being said, I don't think I would buy another CG type new, because of some of the newer bikes having the 6 speed, OHC , BUT, I can honestly say that buying a used CG bike, and then going with the MotoCult total package, could make sense, especially, if you're content to stick with the CG bikes. I don't know if the Chinese OHC bikes are more dependable, and I honestly don't need a 6th gear in mine. I recently ported my head, and advanced ignition timing 4 degree, and instead a CSC head gasket on my TBR7, and picked up some more power, and that's probably about all the Nibbi PE28 can flow. I waited so long to do it, because I was already satisfied with the bike with just exhaust, and pod filter. I will probably port, and polish the Hawk head, and even though I only ordered 1 head gasket from CSC, I got 2, but I really enjoy my Hawk, now, with just cat , and baffle delete, and pod filter.