Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 04-26-2017, 11:03 PM   #1

Location: 484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
That looks like mine. I am hoping to register it tomorrow.

CSC is following up with the shipping company to find my top box and tank bag. They did say they would ship a new one of each if the shipping company cannot find them.

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

Old 05-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #2

Initial thoughts . . .

500 miles later . . .

I absolutely love this motorcycle! It is surprisingly FUN to ride! Lots of looks from people trying to figure out what the hell it is

So far:
The seat sucks. Like - ALOT. I'm 5'11" 190 lbs . . . so, not really a big guy . . . but, not a small guy either. After an hour or two of riding. OUCH. Definitely upgrading.

False neutral between 5th and 6th . . . I get it about 60% of the time.

Finding the actual neutral . . . basically what I spend most of the time doing at stop lights and then the light changes right when I find it.

Seat issue aside, it is incredibly comfortable to ride. Very well balanced. Standing and riding off road feels natural (I've never ridden dirt or off road).

Took a spill in some sand and the engine guards did their job very well (glad I took my panniers off that morning!). Got that "first drop" out of the way

It's WAY louder than I expected. This was calmed a bit when I took my boxes off. Not necessarily a good or bad thing . . . just an observation.

Had to work all weekend, so not much riding. But, I managed to get through the 500 mile break-in in about 3 days . . . so, I'm already anticipating putting some serious miles on this thing. I'll be doing the first service on it tomorrow afternoon and hopefully a long-ish overnight trip Saturday.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"

Old 05-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAn82 View Post
500 miles later . . .

Finding the actual neutral . . . basically what I spend most of the time doing at stop lights and then the light changes right when I find it.
You'll find that it will snick into neutral easily if you do it just as you roll to a stop. Once you're no longer moving, you need to rock the bike back-and-forth a hair to get it to move into neutral.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."