Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs

Old 05-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #1

oil change

decided to drop the oil in the atv's prior to this weekends ride.

150 - dropped the plug for the rear gear box and barely got 1/8 of a cup of oil out of it :roll:
then dropped the engine plug and a lovely shade it is :roll:

then dropped the engine plug in the 250 and again what a lovely shade of black it is. :roll:

fortunately no signs of any filing's ect at all.

new oil to go in tomorrow

gona run reg oil in them for 2-3 rides and then drop it again and put in synthetic

shameless plug for 2 groups 8) 8)

just need a ChinaRiders.net decal for the window now....... :wink:

Old 05-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #2

Don't expect much more than you found in the gearbox; they don't hold much. That bottle of gear oil will last a long time.

I've thought about China Riders decals and t-shirts. I'd display 'em with pride.

Did you remove the filters on the quads?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #3

i have no idea where the filters would even be ......there was only one drain plug on both machines.....where would the filters be? and the gear box on hers has allot more space in it for oil than what came out.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #4

ok dunderhead me found out through google that the plug i removed on the 150 (with the spring) was in fact the filter location (i didn't quite remove it because of the spring and just re-installed it after the oil was drained) so will remove it again and pull the filter out and clean that tonight after work.

is there a filter on the zong 250 as I could only find one plug on the underside of the motor.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #5

I'm not 100% on the 250, but I'm guessing that there's a cap on the left side that's similar to the cap you removed on the 150. The filter lives in there.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #6

belly belly good will check later...... today's weather is calling for sun and periods of booking off

Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

well found both filters and cleaned them up and re-installed.

filled up with new oil and took them for a burn around the block a couple of times .....mine goes like snot but hers still seems to be lacking.....me thinks an overhaul is around the corner for the 150

Old 05-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #8

A less restrictive muffler and a free-flowing air filter are worth a few ponies. You need to re-jet to compensate.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #9

quick question before next ride....with the 250 zong when sitting sight glass sits at the "H" and after running sits at the "L" mark ...normal?

Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #10

It depends upon how long it was running. If it went for a good run and you have an oil control problem, it's not normal. If you only ran it for a minute and it read low, just give it a few minutes and check it again. The oil pump sends oil to the top end, and it takes a bit for it to return to the bottom.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #11

thanks weld ....seems all is good just my paranoia rearing it's ugly head ....oil level is right all good