Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2010, 04:51 AM   #11

Pictures should be mandatory with replies :P

For reference for those not in BC, BC Rail was a rail company owned by the province of BC. Gordon Campbell promised he wouldn't sell it. He did. On top of that there was a long ongoing sham of a court case about the corruption related to the sale, I believe money laundering, breach of trust, blah blah blah... There was police raids of government offices, etc. They wound up finally having the 2 fall guys plead guilty with a sentence of house arrest, and a 6 million dollar legal bill for the tax payer. Of course the whole thing stinks of corruption, all the way through including the courts. Campbell our 9 or 12 % approval rating of a premiere (who many believe orchestrated it I think) denounced the two who got house arrest as criminals who acted on their own. There is so many lies and cover ups and everything related to it that it's really hard to know what exactly went on (not to mention after all of the years this has been going on, the court case finally just started after many delays, and then the guilty plea came out of nowhere so the truth doesn't come out, since they were offered a deal). Anyways, let's just say I am most definitely not a fan of Gordon Campbell.

And now a vehicle related picture.