Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #1

Registration Experience GY 200 NJ

Purchased a GY 200 from its orginal owner at the beginning of September. The owner never titled the bike in NJ. When I went to the DMV I was given the direction that the original owner would have to title the motorcycle in NJ first, before I could be issued title and registration. I contacted the previous owner who was willing to help me. We went to the DMV together with the understanding that all fees were mine. Tried to title the motorcycle and the sn did not come up in the DMV system. I was asked to trace the sn from the frame and verify the sn. The sn on the certificate of orgin was not the same as on the motorcycle. There was an error on a number 4 on the certificate that was a A on the motorcycle. The original owner contacted the dealer in California who he had purchased the motorcycle from and sent them the Certificate. This dealer had the corrected Certificate of Origin for the motorcycle back in the orginal owners hands in less than ten days. The GY 200 was titled and tagged in NJ today 2 Oct 2010. I am very greatful that the orginal owner and dealership he purchased from were willing to help me get my motorcycle titled and tagged.