Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #1

2010 X31 questions, issues.

Just bought this bike for my girlfriend who wanted to start riding with me and my buddies on the trails.

The bike isn't too bad and perfect for a beginner. I must say though the suspension is TERRIBLE, particularily in the rear where it's pretty much a pogo stick and not a real shock.
Kind of a downer, but it has a starter, solid engine, and solid enough frame for her needs until she gets something better.

I noticed that the bike does not like to have the throttle snapped open quickly, it will stall every time. I know that this is a fuel screw adjustment issue but even fully screwed out (rich) it doesn't change anything meaning the bog is a lean one.
What pilot jets does this carb use as it is not marked?

I was trying to teach her how to ride up a hill and she stalled out half way. I told her that she can start the bike and walk it up along side her to get out of the hill easier cause she's a beginner. So she did just that and started to slip the clutch when I heard a nasty squeeling noise from the engine!!!!
Wow, thought she blew something for sure. Started it back up, worked fine... wth was that all about? Sounded like metal to metal grinding, I can only think that maybe the clutch overheated? Maybe the plates are brand new and are not broken in?