Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #1

200TMS 200XYI Dirt Bike won't kick over and run

Hey all, this forum is about the only useful information I could find about the type of dirt bike I have in my shed. It says TMS on the engine but from what I read on the forums it's just a knock off of some XR/CRF honda engine with a different branded name.

I have rode the bike about 2 years ago it always had some issues starting.. usually took me about 5 minutes to get it running however once the engine was warm/hot the thing always started in 1 kick. I recently haven't took the bike out for a ride and it's been sitting in the shed for about a year. I never drained the gas but I did drain the oil.

I know this is not the correct way to maintence the bike but it really hasn't even been passed the point of considered being broken in... so I thought everything should be fine on the bike. It has about 4-6 hours total riding time.

The problem I have is when I went out to start it up it actually started to run on the first kick for about 4-5 seconds then just stopped. The funny thing is that every time after that first kick it doesn't seem to kick over like it does on the first kick. I was wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong?

We think it's the spark plug so I have already ordered one and waiting it's arrival but since my knowledge of this bike is little and there isn't much information avaialble what else might cause this to happen if it's not a spark plug? Hopefull the spark plug fixes the problem because I would really enjoy taking it for a spin.

If you can guide me to articles here on china riders or give me some advice I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Edit:
If you need any part numbers or model numbers , pictures or want me to check wires please let me know I'll do my best to give as much information.